Help with AQA English Language GCSE please!

Watch
DYoverDX
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How do I get high grades ffs?
I practise it, I know how to do each question, but it's just time mangament. That's all. How can I improve timing.
MyChemicalGCSE
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
For paper 1, spend no more than 5 min on question 1, around 10 min on q2, around 10 min on q3, around 20/25 min on q4 and around 40/45 min on the creative writing.

For paper 2. no more than 5 min on q1, 10 min on q2, 15ish min on q3, 20 min on q4 and 40/45 min for the writing.

You really have to time depending upon the amount of marks available. Hope this helps
chocochip_
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I went from an E grade in my year 11 mocks to an A in my GCSES! My biggest tip is to do essay, after essay, after essay, after essay until it becomes second nature!
gomgossa
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Remember that it's about quality, not quantity so make sure you're being realistic with how much you can write. For example, paper 1 question 2 is worth only 8 marks so you're looking at about 2 quotes for language analysis.
Make sure you restrict yourself in the exam from spending too long on lower mark questions. Give yourself a maximum of two minutes longer than the allocated marks in minutes and move on as you can always come back. Try and get question 1 done in >1 minute as little things like that can add up, and don't spend too long reading the sources at the start because you're going to reread parts either way for the questions.
Plan for long answers! You may think you're losing time but you're just saving time as you won't have to think as much about what you're writing. It will also improve your answer.
This might seem a bit stupid but you could also try to learn how to write faster. For me, it helps to only press down lightly on the paper.
anononon_
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Last time I did a mock I tried answering the questions in a different order (for paper 1 I did q1, q4, q5, q2 and 3 then back to q5) and I found that it helped doing the bigger mark questions first
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (35)
7.34%
October 2021 (216)
45.28%
November 2021 (54)
11.32%
December 2021 (62)
13%
January 2021 (54)
11.32%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.6%