How much can you grow after 16??

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Ninjakilla2408
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I turned 16 in November and it's been 4 months... I'm only 5'8 without shoes and I just wanna grow more!

How many inches can you grow from 16 - 18....
Koreaboo
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Ask you parents because it can vary quiet a bit, but on average you stop growing after your 18. You can grow a bit more if you hit your growth spurt late though. You can grow 8 cm in a year though, but it really depends on your parents.
Legate
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Depends on the growth patterns of your parents.
How tall are your parents?
When I was 14, I just had a growth spurt to 6'0, haven't grown since.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I stopped growing height wise at 16, but it depends on your genes really. I wouldnt call 5 8' short
Kiritsugu
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ninjakilla2408)
I turned 16 in November and it's been 4 months... I'm only 5'8 without shoes and I just wanna grow more!

There are many studies trying to prove stuff. I'm sure they've already proved certain foods and lifestyles can stunt growth. If you want to Maximise your growth, you might as well adopt a better lifestyle regardless of how good it is at the moment. Basic Core Focuses: Sleep; Diet; Exercise; Stress (don't sweat it); Posture.

That's just my opinion. It's worthwhile doing the above things, because the benefits are phenomenal regardless of whether Height is affected + you won't get this time back. I heard that generally men take longer to grow and stop growing near 20 or something, whereas women grow faster in a shorter period of time and stop growing near 18 or something.
Ninjakilla2408
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Legate)
Depends on the growth patterns of your parents.
How tall are your parents?
When I was 14, I just had a growth spurt to 6'0, haven't grown since.
Lucky you

My dad is 6'1 and my mum is 5'6
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I was well under 6ft when I was 16. Then when I turned 17 I hit a growth spurt and by the time I was 18, I was 6'2''.
LuIvy
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Last edited by LuIvy; 2 years ago
joelj0018
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
I was well under 6ft when I was 16. Then when I turned 17 I hit a growth spurt and by the time I was 18, I was 6'2''.
were you a very active person especially during that time?
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by joelj0018)
were you a very active person especially during that time?
Pretty active yeah, not that it had anything to do with it. How tall you will be is literally genetics and you can't do a single thing to change it.
Bowlol
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Ninjakilla2408)

i am still growing at 21 and i am 6 foot 1 so their is hope however i have been told i am an outlier when it comes to this
vanessajenkins
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Assuming your male? Men can keep growing until they are around 21. The vast majority of this growth seems to peak in the mid teen years though. I identify dead bodies for a living, so I am constantly squinting at height records.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (49)
48.04%
The paper was reasonable (40)
39.22%
Not feeling great about that exam... (8)
7.84%
It was TERRIBLE (5)
4.9%

Watched Threads