The Student Room Group

History or Govt and Politics?

so im picking Chemisty, Biology and either Govt+Politics or History, but i have no idea what to choose. i am really good at gcse history, but i love politics too. i am leaning towards politics as ive heard its way easier that a level history, so that could help with the stress of picking 2 sciences
This might not be much help but have you checked the history course outline? I know in my local college there is a unit on politcs in england and wales between 1485-1603, so although not modern day politics still some. However, if it isn't part of the history course I would chose whichever one you would enjoy most!
It depends, history is considered a facilitating subject and would be considered more favourable to universities but it wont matter to you anyway as you are already doing chemistry and biology which are also facilitating. I would check to see what topics you'll being doing in both subjects, I loved the AS History topics my school does, however I'm not as fussed about what we are doing now at A2, on the other hand with Government & Politics I didn't mind the AS topics but I really love what we are doing now at A2. So check the topics to see which subject fits with you're interests best. I would say that the type of exam you do for govt&politics is easier than the history one, but politics requires more outside research, as you need to use a lot of examples to relate to the question and this can really effect your final result, therefore if you want to do politics make sure you have genuine interest in it otherwise you'll hate your life for two years (though you can easily say this about any subject you do).

Quick Reply

Latest