merlo97
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is the Kcl better than Bocconi for economics? Which degree is better to attend to a top master in the U.K. (LSE, UCL) or in the US (Harvard, Yale, Columbia) ? Is kcl worth it ? ( I know its remarkable prestige, but not economics wise). I hold an offer from kcl for a Bsc in economics.
Puffin Boffin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
KCL isn't very good for Economics in the UK - it probably rates 5th in London after LSE, UCL, Queen Mary and SOAS.

Bocconni has a world leading economics faculty and has produced a number of leading economists - it has a fantastic reputation.

However you should choose the place where you think you will perform best at since what really matters is grades for a MSc and for that you need to enjoy where you study.

Posted from TSR Mobile
merlo97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Puffin Boffin)
KCL isn't very good for Economics in the UK - it probably rates 5th in London after LSE, UCL, Queen Mary and SOAS.

Bocconni has a world leading economics faculty and has produced a number of leading economists - it has a fantastic reputation.

However you should choose the place where you think you will perform best at since what really matters is grades for a MSc and for that you need to enjoy where you study.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you for your reply. I am absolutely of the same opinion. ( but not for the ranking, i would say mass over SOAS and also kcl)
Puffin Boffin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What's mass?

Posted from TSR Mobile
merlo97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Puffin Boffin)
What's mass?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry for the typing error, I obviously meant CASS
Puffin Boffin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by merlo97)
I'm sorry for the typing error, I obviously meant CASS
Oh I see yea cass is good so is city

Posted from TSR Mobile
TeeEff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Standard disclaimer here to visit the universities you're thinking of to ensure you'll be happy to live there for a couple of years. It's probably even more important here if the difference is between two countries with their own language and culture. If you don't speak Italian and don't have a huge passion to learn the language, you may not enjoy a couple of years there as much as you would in London at KCL.

A masters from a top university in the UK will still be extremely attractive to employers as one from a top university in the US. No-one is going to bin an application from an LSE applicant just because there's also an applicant from Harvard.

Bocconi definitely has an excellent reputation within Economics in Europe and has good representation amongst top firms (standard finance ones etc.) if employability is important to you. KCL still has a good reputation as a university globally (so has arguably greater name recognition as a university around the world) and by being based in London, offers a better base for networking, internship opportunities etc., but probably isn't as well-considered in the field of Economics.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oxbridge/LSE/UCL
thats it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads