ZachMarsden
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm Hoping to be going UCLan in September, just want to know who else is planning on attending and what they'll be studying
AAO
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm starting at UCLan this September! Sexual Health Studies, I am sooo nervous and excited - mostly excited. How about you?
ZachMarsden
Rep:
?
(Original post by AAO)
I'm starting at UCLan this September! Sexual Health Studies, I am sooo nervous and excited - mostly excited. How about you?
I'm Hoping to be studying Policing, i'll be moving down in August so i wont know anyone which makes me a little nervous
AAO
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ZachMarsden)
I'm Hoping to be studying Policing, i'll be moving down in August so i wont know anyone which makes me a little nervous
Preston campus? I'll be moving up there and living with my partner. I've made a few friends and one or two are moving up there too. I'm sure we'll all make friends up there especially freshers. Anyway, have you had offers etc?
ZachMarsden
Rep:
?
(Original post by AAO)
Preston campus? I'll be moving up there and living with my partner. I've made a few friends and one or two are moving up there too. I'm sure we'll all make friends up there especially freshers. Anyway, have you had offers etc?
Yeah Preston campus, i am attending an interview sort of thing on the 22nd, I'll be moving in with my dad so thats promising and i intend to just drive to and from the uni as he lives close
LeahA2110
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
im starting in september studying architecture and i will be living on campus
ZachMarsden
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeahA2110)
im starting in september studying architecture and i will be living on campus
That sounds interesting, I've got friends doing architecture in London, will you be going straight from 6th form/ college to Uni?
sascha.d
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing psychology and criminology nd straight out of sixth form
LeahA2110
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ZachMarsden)
That sounds interesting, I've got friends doing architecture in London, will you be going straight from 6th form/ college to Uni?
straight from 6th form
AvaPenguin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm going too! I'm doing Asian Pacific Studies :3 I went for the open day the other week and fell in love instantly XD
LeahA2110
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
have any of you applied for accommodation yet/ accepted your accommodation? i found out today but don't know a single other person who will be in Roeburn halls next year
AvaPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
have any of you applied for accommodation yet/ accepted your accommodation? i found out today but don't know a single other person who will be in Roeburn halls next year
I applied last week. I put Roeburn 4th, so it's unlikely I'll end up in it. Where do you find out?
LeahA2110
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AvaPenguin)
I applied last week. I put Roeburn 4th, so it's unlikely I'll end up in it. Where do you find out?
i received an email last night with confirmation of which halls im in. i think if you put uclan down as your firm choice then you get your first choice accommodation
AvaPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i received an email last night with confirmation of which halls im in. i think if you put uclan down as your firm choice then you get your first choice accommodation
Ah. It's just I haven't heard anything yet :c

I've already had my place accepted since last August, I deferred my point of entry to this year, because I wasn't ready to start last September due to some issues n junk at home. It's already down as confirmed and junk so idek why I haven't got an email yet :c -Le cri-
Raychie_Dee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Counselling and psychotherapy foundation 2017 ☺️ I previously tried studying Asia Pacific studies but coudn't handle it. 🙃
AvaPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Raychie_Dee)
Counselling and psychotherapy foundation 2017 ☺️ I previously tried studying Asia Pacific studies but coudn't handle it. 🙃
Ahh yikkeeeeees!! Is it hard? Am I gonna die from overworking? *le distant wailing noises* XD Blaaaaaah. Now I'm worried ;-; :')
Raychie_Dee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahh yikkeeeeees!! Is it hard? Am I gonna die from overworking? *le distant wailing noises* XD Blaaaaaah. Now I'm worried ;-; :'
The thing for me was I just wanted to learn Japanese and as it was a very late, rushed decision going to Uni, I hadn't been to any open days so I had no idea what it entailed (': Learning a language from scratch is hard enough, but when you are doing that as well as learning about the rest of asia (which I didn't enjoy), I found it overwhelming. I knew it was going to be hard but I found it difficult to wrap my head around, though if you are fresh out of school Im sure you won't have any issues! ^^
AvaPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The thing for me was I just wanted to learn Japanese and as it was a very late, rushed decision going to Uni, I hadn't been to any open days so I had no idea what it entailed (': Learning a language from scratch is hard enough, but when you are doing that as well as learning about the rest of asia (which I didn't enjoy), I found it overwhelming. I knew it was going to be hard but I found it difficult to wrap my head around, though if you are fresh out of school Im sure you won't have any issues! ^^
Ahhh.... I kinda of took a year off :') I wanted to work for a bit, save up, learn to drive... but...... Been job hunting since last August, with no luck, so I've just spent my time being a lazy muck ;-; My sleeping patterns so messed up, and I just don't put effort into anything anymore, it's reached the extent that I'm too lazy to even make breakfast or lunch :') (albeit, I'm never actually awake until Lunch, so I just miss Breakfast by default...)
Raychie_Dee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahhh.... I kinda of took a year off :' I wanted to work for a bit, save up, learn to drive... but...... Been job hunting since last August, with no luck, so I've just spent my time being a lazy muck ;-; My sleeping patterns so messed up, and I just don't put effort into anything anymore, it's reached the extent that I'm too lazy to even make breakfast or lunch :' (albeit, I'm never actually awake until Lunch, so I just miss Breakfast by default...)
LOL. Well I was actually supposed to enter Uni late 2013 but thanks to health reasons I've been stuck at home! Im still not fixed but I just need a reason to wake up and do stuff 😂 I'd be chuffed if I can still write an essay
AvaPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
LOL. Well I was actually supposed to enter Uni late 2013 but thanks to health reasons I've been stuck at home! Im still not fixed but I just need a reason to wake up and do stuff 😂 I'd be chuffed if I can still write an essay
Yikes! I've gone insane with just a few months not doing anything... years o.O I'd be even crazier... XD Ahaha the only thing I'm ever motivated to write it a chapter or two of lame fanfiction... which I ultimately never go write more for (and have angry readers demanding more...which they never get...rip) XD I've forgot how to even hold a pen probably.... XD rip note taking skills.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (31)
29.25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.43%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
55.66%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
5.66%

Watched Threads