Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whats better when applying for economics at LSE and all those places, Pure A Level Maths (C1-4, FP1 and another) or A Level Mathematics (C1-4 plus 2 other units), as there are two distinct A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    Normal Maths, they'd like to see a bit of stats, not just all pure. Though it dosen't matter greatly either way.

ReputationRep:
    just worry bout getting a A do that and u'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Pure plus Statistics I guess~~~ :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ah cheers guys- will do p1-p4 s1,s2 simple as. Just i'll never get my head around which side of the line to do the normal distribution! hehe

ReputationRep:
    doesnt really matter to get in (grade more important), but if you do get in the first year will be slighly easier if you have done stats. (I don't think the admissions tutors really look into what type of maths a level you have done or look at individual units)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by observer)
    doesnt really matter to get in (grade more important), but if you do get in the first year will be slighly easier if you have done stats. (I don't think the admissions tutors really look into what type of maths a level you have done or look at individual units)

They don't know what type yuo have done unless you disclose it or the course is entitled "mathematics with statistics" like mine was before i did further.

So, as people have said, it doesn't matter too much, the grades the important thing, but to make it easy on yourself, do stats modules.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.