The Student Room Group

Student switching from Bachelors to Integrated Masters

Hi,

During the summer I was given the opportunity to switch from my uni's bachelor's course to the integrated masters, obviously meaning an additional year of study and therefore addition support via student finance. I called SFE prior to my results being released and was told it was all set up, just to let them know for certain when I got confirmation, which I did.

I thought that was the end of it however when I checked student finance to see if I need to reapply, it stated that I was to finish my course this year, as if it hadn't been changed. The site is down now so I can't check (any idea when it'll be back up?), but would I need to reapply as if I was graduating?

From memory there was no option for my upcoming course to be an integrated masters, only a standard masters option as well as the "other" option in the drop down menu. Is the standard masters option correct course of action to take?

Thanks,
Mark.
Original post by Oneill95
Hi,

During the summer I was given the opportunity to switch from my uni's bachelor's course to the integrated masters, obviously meaning an additional year of study and therefore addition support via student finance. I called SFE prior to my results being released and was told it was all set up, just to let them know for certain when I got confirmation, which I did.

I thought that was the end of it however when I checked student finance to see if I need to reapply, it stated that I was to finish my course this year, as if it hadn't been changed. The site is down now so I can't check (any idea when it'll be back up?), but would I need to reapply as if I was graduating?

From memory there was no option for my upcoming course to be an integrated masters, only a standard masters option as well as the "other" option in the drop down menu. Is the standard masters option correct course of action to take?

Thanks,
Mark.

Hi Mark

If it was agreed with your university that you would be completing the integrated masters course, and the 16/17 academic year was your 3rd year of said course, we would require the university to tell us by way of a change of circumstance. This would change your graduation date and allow you to make a returning application online.

Sorry to hear the site is down, this is likely to be temporary so keep trying it. Otherwise you can call us to check your account.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending