Why are people so against dating someone whose into hard drugs...

Watch
xobeauty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
...if it's just occasionally...I know ppl who do it occasionally ( coke) and their fully functioning...

But I also know some who are addicted and can't keep money for nothing.
l'etranger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not, but you do actually have issues.
xobeauty
Rep:
?
(Original post by l'etranger)
I'm not, but you do actually have issues.
Believe it or not I don't do drugs, not even weed. Not even cigarettes...I like none of that stuff it's gross.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because it's illegal.

Also how can you guarantee that they will continue to take it "occasionally"?
LookAtYou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because some people like to judge based on stereotypes because they can't think for themselves.

You wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone so narrow minded anyway do don't worry.
l'etranger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by xobeauty)
Believe it or not I don't do drugs, not even weed. Not even cigarettes...I like none of that stuff it's gross.
I've literally never been drunk and never smoked a cigarette in my life so I have no personal reason to shill for drugs not being that bad, but one of the worst ways we deal with drugs here is by presenting every single person who uses drugs as being a dirty addict, who will never hold down a job, who commits violent crime and who has a face which looks like a part of it is melting. When you become an adult and you see successful, intelligent people, such as PhD students taking drugs it could easily make people harden their mentality in the other direction and assume that drug use is never bad or harmful, which is also untrue.
MikeyH98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because they haven't tried them.... OMFG ket is amazing, if you're ******** on it then sniff a key and then try and tell me its not the best ****ing feeling ever, like ffs the universe opens up to you and you can literally manipulate time itself.... also god wouldn't have made it if we weren't meant to inhale it
MikeyH98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lookatyou)
because some people like to judge based on stereotypes because they can't think for themselves.

You wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone so narrow minded anyway do don't worry.
wooo preach it sister!!!!!!!!!!
TrumpTime
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MikeyH98)
Because they haven't tried them.... OMFG ket is amazing, if you're ******** on it then sniff a key and then try and tell me its not the best ****ing feeling ever, like ffs the universe opens up to you and you can literally manipulate time itself.... also god wouldn't have made it if we weren't meant to inhale it
what about cyanide?
MavenWriters
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by xobeauty)
Why are people so against dating someone whose into hard drugs...
Probably for the same reasons people are against dating serial killers and bank robbers: what they are doing is against the law, destructive, wrecking the fabric of society, and could very easily suck you into a dark hole, probably forever
But then again,...maybe not. Let us know how it goes
MikeyH98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TrumpTime)
what about cyanide?
Firstly - Who inhales cyanide?

Secondly - Go home, look in a mirror, and pop a cyanide pill, you f%cking C%nt.
xobeauty
Rep:
?
(Original post by MikeyH98)
Ummm the crash isn't worth the high.
ddrrzzeerr
Badges: 17
Report 4 years ago
I don't really consider cocaine a hard drug tbh. The only drug that would be a deal breaker for me is heroin.

Of course cocaine use can get out of hand and be destructive to relationships but the same can be said for alcohol.
TimmonaPortella
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Also how can you guarantee that they will continue to take it "occasionally"?
How can you guarantee anything about anyone's future behaviour?
Drostina
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
After seeing what happened to my father because of smoking cigarettes, I wouldn't date a smoker... Never mind a druggie
tehforum
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Steljoy)
After seeing what happened to my father because of smoking cigarettes, I wouldn't date a smoker... Never mind a druggie
Ah the ole this is what happened to a close relative of mine therefore it's wrong 'argument'.
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
Ah the ole this is what happened to a close relative of mine therefore it's wrong 'argument'.
Ok. Thanks for your input
username2908878
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You ever had a conversation with a drunk/high/whatever person when you're sober , intolerable !!!!!
queenofswords
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably gonna be judged for this, but I find it quite attractive. Always had a thing for troubled men.

Big shot lawyers and bankers doing coke= YUM.
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
im 1000000% against ciggs/ smoking in general and would never smoke and drugs is somewhat the same case- it depends on what and how addicted they are.

i know people who smoke weed EVERY night without fail and feel like a chilled evening can only be accomplished by smoking a joint. but i also know people who smoke week every few weeks or a few times in a month
(but its been proved that weed is okay to smoke and safer than alcohol for example)

i wouldnt date anyone whos addicted to drugs at all, i hate knowing that the person you're tyring to have a convo with, is high or off their heads- okay it's their choice what they want to do, but its not attractive at all, dont talk to me
if you want to talk- fam do it sober, not like this- i cant stand it.

if i found out that, lets say im seeing someone- and they took hardcore drugs i'd back off.
Its a huge turn off. I don't know why people feel the need to take stuff like that too have a good time ect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
27.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (6)
9.23%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
56.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
6.15%

Watched Threads