The Student Room Group

2nd Year Chemical Engineering.

Hey TSR people,

I'm in second year studying chemical engineering, and I've had a pretty *****y year so far, managed to pass my first set of exams for the first semester but literally by the skin of my teeth, was depressed as f**k and in a pretty bad place. After a pretty sh**ty christmas holiday I came back to uni and got some anti depressants, I think they're working, not feeling as bad anymore but one thing is for sure, I'm not enjoying this course at all, I've done hardly any work this semester and I'm thinking of changing course, I'm not really sure what to change to though... I was considering taking a year out at Christmas but I'm not sure how good an idea that is. Only reason to do that is to maybe go out in the world a bit and get some life experience, maybe come back with more of an idea of what the hell I want to do with my life but at the moment I'm really pretty clueless. What are you lot saying? What would you do if you were me? It's looking like I'm going to fail my second semester exams the way it's going, not got a lot of motivation.
Original post by baz1996
Hey TSR people,

I'm in second year studying chemical engineering, and I've had a pretty *****y year so far, managed to pass my first set of exams for the first semester but literally by the skin of my teeth, was depressed as f**k and in a pretty bad place. After a pretty sh**ty christmas holiday I came back to uni and got some anti depressants, I think they're working, not feeling as bad anymore but one thing is for sure, I'm not enjoying this course at all, I've done hardly any work this semester and I'm thinking of changing course, I'm not really sure what to change to though... I was considering taking a year out at Christmas but I'm not sure how good an idea that is. Only reason to do that is to maybe go out in the world a bit and get some life experience, maybe come back with more of an idea of what the hell I want to do with my life but at the moment I'm really pretty clueless. What are you lot saying? What would you do if you were me? It's looking like I'm going to fail my second semester exams the way it's going, not got a lot of motivation.

Which university?
Reply 2
Original post by ChristopherHuey
Which university?

edinburgh
Original post by baz1996
edinburgh

Don't drop out from the course if you can get a 2.1. Leave after BEng and go do what you want then!

Quick Reply

Latest