B1150 - Her Body Her Choice bill 2017 Watch

This discussion is closed.
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Her Body Her Choice bill 2017, Joecphillips (Seconded by Jammy Duel MP)

A

BILL
TO

Reform the abortion act as her body her choice.

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1- Repeals
(1) Abortion act 1967 is hereby repealed

2- Abortion
(1) A person shall not be guilty of an offence under the law relating to abortion when a pregnancy is terminated:
a) at any time until the severing of the physical connection with the mother.
b) using any method.

3- Citation and commencement
(1) This Act extends to the United Kingdom.
(2) The provisions of this Act come into force on Royal Assent
(3) This Act may be referred to as the Her Body Her Choice Act 2017

Notes:

Her body, her choice

Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Quamquam123)
Aye. The notes are a bit short () but I am firmly in favour of this bill, and indeed legalised abortion in general.
You do realise that this bill makes it legal for a mother to chew their babies head off when they're born as long as the umbilical cord hasn't been severed and you have the audacity to call me barbaric?

And dear god you do hate the idea of babies being born.
Nirvana1989-1994
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
???
BobBobson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just going to refer you to my post on the Abortion Bill thread:

(Original post by BobBobson)
>"her own body"
Can we stop with this meme please.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Quamquam123)
I was confusing the 1967 act with a different one so no, I am not in favour of this bill.

Not really.
You don't need to look at what the 1967 Act is, it is written in THIS BILL that it is legal to do what was described, you disgusting excuse for a koala.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aye - This is something I agree with unlike that utterly disgraceful UKIP bill on abortion.
Quamquam123
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
You don't need to look at what the 1967 Act is, it is written in THIS BILL that it is legal to do what was described, you disgusting excuse for a koala.
Right ok. It doesn't particularly help that the notes are so brief in that case.

I can confirm that I am indeed a disgusting excuse for a koala.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This bill would allow a pregnancy to be terminated after a woman's waters have broke right before labour, and would allow a baby to be murdered by any method if the umbilical chord had not been cut.
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
This bill would allow a pregnancy to be terminated after a woman's waters have broke right before labour, and would allow a baby to be murdered by any method if the umbilical chord had not been cut.
Her body her choice
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
You can thank me for making sure Joe ensured that #herbodyherchoice was the case all the way until the silly phrase cannot hold.
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well one could say that it's also the father's choice too. The father gets ignored when it comes to abortion, surely they should deserve a say?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think the proposers, who I presume intended this as a joke, may be surprised at the support this gets.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have the right of the House completely given up on actually trying to improve people's lives, instead resigning themselves to sneering from the sidelines? Talk about intellectual bankruptcy.
Basiil17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Abstain, don't know where to go and fed up of seeing this issue again and again!
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CoffeeGeek)
Well one could say that it's also the father's choice too. The father gets ignored when it comes to abortion, surely they should deserve a say?
Sexist pig, it's HER body, not his, why do you want to reinforce the patriarchy in law?!?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
facetious, obviously lacks so much in the way of protections against dangerous methods etc
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is clearly a joke bill in reaction to UKIP abortion bill

So I'll abstain
username2718212
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I said in the Abortion Bill thread, abortion should be permitted up until 15 weeks into the pregnancy, after that, abortion should be illegal. It shouldn't be outright banned. However, abortion being allowed when the mother's waters have broken is irresponsible. This Bill is not funny in any way whatsoever.

Nay.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Wilhuff Tarkin)
I said in the Abortion Bill thread, abortion should be permitted up until 15 weeks into the pregnancy, after that, abortion should be illegal. It shouldn't be outright banned. However, abortion being allowed when the mother's waters have broken is irresponsible. This Bill is not funny in any way whatsoever.

Nay.
It's been irresponsible for months when the water has broken, but oh well, her body her choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RotatingPhasor
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Now we see the true barbarians who would be fine with someone killing a baby just because it has an umbilical cord connecting the baby and the mother.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (62)
36.05%
I really love the subject (44)
25.58%
I don't know what else to do (22)
12.79%
I can't get a job (13)
7.56%
My parents want me to (4)
2.33%