Any opinions? Watch

This discussion is closed.
pantryboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I don't wish to be arrogant by showing this piece of art; I just need some honest opinions. I was asked to do a photo reflecting the way by which industry and science is overriding the natural world - so I did this...

Attached files
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Juxtapiped)
I don't wish to be arrogant by showing this piece of art; I just need some honest opinions. I was asked to do a photo reflecting the way by which industry and science is overriding the natural world - so I did this...
*sits and wonders how anyone can be so selfabsorbed*
pantryboy
Rep:
?
And this is the other one......

Attached files
pantryboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unregistered)
*sits and wonders how anyone can be so selfabsorbed*
All I'm asking for is some opinions; it's quite important that this is ok as it's part of this photography job thing I'm doing and I'd just like to see what people thought because I'd be biased.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
It's quite good, at least for the 'industry' part - but where's the overiding influence of science? Does science always have a detrimental impact upon nature?

Ben
pantryboy
Rep:
?
It's quite good, at least for the 'industry' part - but where's the overiding influence of science? Does science always have a detrimental impact upon nature?

Ben
I sort of tried to demonstrate how science/tehcnology often tries to capture or control nature - hence the chain wrapping around the leaf. Think of genetics - we attempt to control nature - not necessarily a bad thing.
Pencil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's ok, not brilliant but ok. I'd give it a C-
pantryboy
Rep:
?
To be brutally honest its shitE
How can I improve it? It needs to be good, any tips on how to make it better?
Bumblebee3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I like the photo - it's a powerful image. However, look at your objective (I could be way off here) but industry and science have not overridden your leaf - you have by placing the chain around it, and you did not do it for industrial reasons. I would now photograph a scene which shows a the natural (ie without your immediate involvement) phenomenon of science/industry overriding nature - a polluted pond maybe?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
How can I improve it? It needs to be good, any tips on how to make it better?
I like the idea, but the actual picture itself I think is not that shocking or spectacular
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
To be brutally honest its shitE
Ever heard of constructive criticism? If you can't offer any advice, then you may as well have kept your malice to yourself.

Ben
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Ever heard of constructive criticism? If you can't offer any advice, then you may as well have kept your malice to yourself.

Ben
he asked for an opinion and I gave it. Dont ******** me with PC crap like 'Constructive criticism' - next u will be saying work should be marked with a green pen
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
and I quote the words 'honest opinion' - that was what was asked
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Obviously, he wanted constructive criticism - otherwise why on earth would he bother posting? After your post he said,

"How can I improve it? It needs to be good, any tips on how to make it better?"

Ben
pantryboy
Rep:
?
Here's another one - just a simple photo.
Attached files
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Obviously, he wanted constructive criticism - otherwise why on earth would he bother posting? After your post he said,

"How can I improve it? It needs to be good, any tips on how to make it better?"

Ben
look at the first post four eyes
pantryboy
Rep:
?
There isn't any need to slip back into immature childhood stereotypical slander.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
There isn't any need to slip back into immature childhood stereotypical slander.
Shut it, your art doesnt portray the mature adult u r making urself out to be
pantryboy
Rep:
?
And another...
Attached files
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Yes, I can see what he said - but look at other posts, they all offered advice. It doesn't take a genius (fortunately for you) to realise that was what was wanted.

Ben
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
78.9%
Leave (298)
21.1%

Watched Threads