Any opinions? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Your pictures are very...disturbing. They're not pleasing to the eye but perhaps to the mind. I still think you're fishing for compliments!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Your pictures are very...disturbing. They're not pleasing to the eye but perhaps to the mind. I still think you're fishing for compliments!
Thank you!
Bumblebee3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)

lol, never mind that, read what the miserable supposed Oxford fine art graduate said about it! Enough of a go has been had...
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Haz)
lol, never mind that, read what the miserable supposed Oxford fine art graduate said about it! Enough of a go has been had...
I believe I should give my opinion regardless of what other people say. I actually replied to this post without looking at other replies just in case they infuenced my opinion. He asked for an opinion, and thats what he's got!! Perhaps my comment wasn't encouraging but at least I'm not being insulting...
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Haz)
I'm sorry but no art graduate ever, Oxford or not, would call another peice of art work shite without giving reasons to justify why... therefore Unregistered obviously had some poor teaching at Oxford (which, lets face it, isn't likely to happen).
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
I'm sorry but no art graduate ever, Oxford or not, would call another peice of art work shite without giving reasons to justify why... therefore Unregistered obviously had some poor teaching at Oxford (which, lets face it, isn't likely to happen).
That was my thought exactly. unregistered did refer to his degree as 3 years of hell however, and so I am wondering if he was one of those unable to cope with an Oxford course that slipped through the interview net as it were. Either a complete fraud or an individual with a serious chip on his shoulder.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
forget what these people have said, im an art student myself - and a brilliant one too

your drawing is not so good, but it seems you have a lot of talent doin photography especially at your age. loving the stuff. keep up the work and you'll be brilliant, trust me.

practice the drawing tho, it'll get better
pantryboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
forget what these people have said, im an art student myself - and a brilliant one too

your drawing is not so good, but it seems you have a lot of talent doin photography especially at your age. loving the stuff. keep up the work and you'll be brilliant, trust me.

practice the drawing tho, it'll get better

Thanks for the advice!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
^^ no problem

what camera do u use?
pantryboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
^^ no problem

what camera do u use?
I only use some low grade Canon - a Canon A40 Powershot I think. When I get good I'll get something better - what do you use, and are you GCSE or A-level?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i dont do photography, im a traditional fine art person..painting!

just finished my a levels - gonna study art...yeah i know! bad prospects, but...its my love
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Haz)
That was my thought exactly. unregistered did refer to his degree as 3 years of hell however, and so I am wondering if he was one of those unable to cope with an Oxford course that slipped through the interview net as it were. Either a complete fraud or an individual with a serious chip on his shoulder.
U will know wat three years of hell means if u r an undergrad at Oxford - the workload is considerable but it is fun
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
U will know wat three years of hell means if u r an undergrad at Oxford - the workload is considerable but it is fun
I'm Cambridge. I am expecting a large work load but am really looking forward to the whole Cam. experience. I don't expect it to be 3 years of hell - I know of nobody who has done their degree there who feels that way about it. I'm sorry if Oxford was a hellish experience...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I for one am wholly unconvinced that this person was at Oxford.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I for one am wholly unconvinced that this person was at Oxford.
prove it, u jealous twit
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Haz)
I'm Cambridge. I am expecting a large work load but am really looking forward to the whole Cam. experience. I don't expect it to be 3 years of hell - I know of nobody who has done their degree there who feels that way about it. I'm sorry if Oxford was a hellish experience...
K, maybe not hell, just hard work! Dont expect to have an easy ride - thats all I am saying
It is v. rewarding tho.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
prove it, u jealous twit
That was a pointless comment, but surely it would make more sense if you'd prove that you were at Oxford - as opposed to having some unknown person try to prove otherwise?

Ben
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
That was a pointless comment, but surely it would make more sense if you'd prove that you were at Oxford - as opposed to having some unknown person try to prove otherwise?

Ben
How do u want me to prove it? Prove u r at Cambridge
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thanks, I don't expect it to be easy! I do expect to enjoy it though.

prove it, u jealous twit
As for you, are you not in the least concerned that you come off as an unpleasent, bitter person who wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting into Oxford?
tender_promise
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i am not an art student and neither do i claim to be any good at it, although i do enjoy drawing a lot. from my point a view i think ur photographs are very good and a very interesting way of interpreting the topic given to u, one post suggested a polluted pond...with no offence to this suggestor i think this is one of the more obvious photographs that cood be taken to respresent this topic and when doing photography i think u need to twist things lsightly as the starter of this thread has dun, it captures the mind and imagination more than a more obvious answer. dont think that makes sense sorry, im very tired. hope it helps anyway
k
xx
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
26.9%
No (462)
73.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise