Salary for Brightstart Apprenticeship Scheme (Deloitte)

Watch
Mag_M
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all!😁 Just wondering is anyone clear on what the starting salary would be with the Brightstart Apprenticeship?
abikasim
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was wondering this also
I think it starts off at 20k then goes up every year
popcornjpg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can tell you PwC is £20k for London. It's probably about the same.
AK_18234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Deloitte London starts at £22,000 and goes up every year. Region offices have a slightly lower salary at around 16/17/18k I think
verier
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
some help please:

1) do all big4 have brightstart programs? which pays more?
2) can I apply if I have a uni degree (it's in completely different subject)? will they ever know?

thanks!
AK_18234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by verier)
some help please:

1) do all big4 have brightstart programs? which pays more?
2) can I apply if I have a uni degree (it's in completely different subject)? will they ever know?

thanks!
1) Yes, they're not all called 'BrightStart' schemes but all the big 4 have a similar equivalent scheme (e.g. EY have a 'school leavers' scheme). However I'd look into them carefully as they each offer and involve different things. They all pay extremely similar incomes - be careful though as there is a difference between an apprenticeship and a higher apprenticeship and they pay differently. E.g. Deloitte's apprenticeship in secretary and other skills is different to their BrightStart programme which is a higher, degree level apprenticeship.

2) Yes, I think you can apply with a university degree although you have to tell them about the degree it is not a bad thing! (they also do background checks) There are people in the BrightStart scheme who have spent a year at uni, didn't like it so quit and joined the scheme. However, if you have completed your degree (whatever it is there's such a range of degrees - honestly people from fashion school to Geography or Economics it's about you, your application and interviews) then you should apply for the Graduate scheme.
verier
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AK_18234)
1) Yes, they're not all called 'BrightStart' schemes but all the big 4 have a similar equivalent scheme (e.g. EY have a 'school leavers' scheme). However I'd look into them carefully as they each offer and involve different things. They all pay extremely similar incomes - be careful though as there is a difference between an apprenticeship and a higher apprenticeship and they pay differently. E.g. Deloitte's apprenticeship in secretary and other skills is different to their BrightStart programme which is a higher, degree level apprenticeship.

2) Yes, I think you can apply with a university degree although you have to tell them about the degree it is not a bad thing! (they also do background checks) There are people in the BrightStart scheme who have spent a year at uni, didn't like it so quit and joined the scheme. However, if you have completed your degree (whatever it is there's such a range of degrees - honestly people from fashion school to Geography or Economics it's about you, your application and interviews) then you should apply for the Graduate scheme.
Thanks

I have completed the degree, can I still apply? Because I find graduate schemes more competitive.

Also will I get a degree with bright start? I see it's only 2 years so how can that be a degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
verier
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks

I have completed the degree, can I still apply? Because I find graduate schemes more competitive.

Also will I get a degree with bright start? I see it's only 2 years so how can that be a degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone pls?????????
Tubbz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
The qualification you receive depends on the job role.

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/page...nticeship.html

Deloitte target recognised accounting qualifications for the most part.

You can apply for the scheme, but not consultation.
AK_18234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure if you can apply with the degree I'd say give it a go.

Each scheme is different depending on the department which you are in. You wont get a degree but they are "degree equivalent".
E.g. In audit the scheme is 4 years and you get the full ACA
In Tax you get the ATT (or something tax related!!)
In Consulting you get CIMA

Anyways you get the idea they're all recognised degree-equivalent qualifications, if that makes sense?
verier
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
but they say Brightstart is 18 months??
I don't want to be 4 years on 20k
verier
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
can anyone give some information please

duration
salary
qualifications

it is not clear in their websites and I cannot find them anywhere!
AK_18234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
can anyone give some information please

duration
salary
qualifications

it is not clear in their websites and I cannot find them anywhere!
Duration: "BrightStart" is dependant on the role and what department you're in (i.e. Audit is 4 years as that's how long it takes to get qualified whereas in Risk Advisory it doesn't matter so much about being qualified so it is only 18months) but it is a normal job so you stay there for as long as you want. When you finish the BrightStart scheme you continue as normal.

Salary: 22K London, around 16/17K in the regions

Qualifications: Depending on which department you're in depends which qualification you get but I believe this is on the website. From my knowledge (don't quote me as I'm not 100%) it is:

Audit: ACA
Consulting: CIMA Certificate in Business and the you go onto I think CFA
Risk Advisory: CIMA/ ACA depending on which team you're in in RA
Tax: ATT/ ACCA I believe

Does that help? It largely depends on what department you apply for and what office (as in geographical location in the UK)
verier
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
mmm can I do ACA in M&A?
Ahmedjumeh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are there any types of apprenticeships in which you can reach 50k+ annually?
Tubbz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ahmedjumeh)
Are there any types of apprenticeships in which you can reach 50k+ annually?
Probably best to start your own thread on this one, but are you talking whilst on the apprenticeship, or final salary?
Ahmedjumeh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
no I'm currently in y11 doing my GCSEs I've got the option of going to sixth form or joining an apprenticeship, I wanted to know if it was possible to rank up an earn a decent salary through an apprencticip
mhussain136
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by abikasim)
I was wondering this also
I think it starts off at 20k then goes up every year
do yk what the increments are
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (115)
27.45%
England (146)
34.84%
Belgium (32)
7.64%
Germany (42)
10.02%
Spain (10)
2.39%