Do your parents like your music; do you like your parents music?

Watch
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
^^^ title

my mum likes Neil Diamond & David Essex and a few others - I went to one of Neil Diamonds concerts once which I guess was pretty good

I don't know what kind of music my dad likes since he doesn't really listen to it in the house apart from the radio. I was listening to some recent chart music which he doesn't like the songs either...
not keen on his choice of music when he does listen to it though

SO i guess the questions are:

do you like your parents taste in music? who/what do they listen to?
do they like your taste in music?
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah, I have more in common with my dad's musical tastes though.

My mom's is not great but she's not really big on music. My dad was a music guy when he was younger and got me into a lot of stuff.
clockwork_orange
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have some in common with my mum's musical tastes, and a lot with my dad (Beatles, Kinks, Yardbirds, Cream, Bob Dylan, CCR...).
I would like to add that I am very grateful since they had to bear the kind of music I listened to when I was younger : Simple Plan, for instance I still like them now but I used to be obsessed tbh
Harrison32
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes I like that songs a lot. Even when I was a little child my mother sing that songs so that I can sleep easily.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My dad doesn't like my taste in music. He's banned me from deciding what we listening to when we go away. We have to listen to the radio. He once said "as for your taste in music, I really don't know what happened there..." :lol: I don't like his taste in music either. Too heavy.

Not too keen on mum's either.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I like a lot of what my dad listens to. He likes some of what I listen to, partly because it's the same stuff, or similar.
ha.anon90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My dad hates my taste, I hate my dads too 😂My mums the one who listen to stormzy and trap music and I'm more n the cultural side

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (635)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed