Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I am new to the forum..

Long story short, for several reasons I studied Economics and Politics, however my love has always been Biology and Ecology. I am 27 years old now and I am thinking to enroll in a new BSc in this field. I have 4 years volunteer experience in the filed (wieldlife NGOs, environmental maintenance etc) and I am very much in love with it. Do you think I am too old to study this subject and build a career in it (even an academic one)? I feel so guilty for spending my years in Economics and Politics and I can't imagine doing anything with them now.

All replies appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vaso_89)
    Hi everyone, I am new to the forum..

Long story short, for several reasons I studied Economics and Politics, however my love has always been Biology and Ecology. I am 27 years old now and I am thinking to enroll in a new BSc in this field. I have 4 years volunteer experience in the filed (wieldlife NGOs, environmental maintenance etc) and I am very much in love with it. Do you think I am too old to study this subject and build a career in it (even an academic one)? I feel so guilty for spending my years in Economics and Politics and I can't imagine doing anything with them now.

All replies appreciated
    I'd say follow your passion. There are mature students in their forties who start studying. I think you should ask career advisors and experts this, but as far as I can tell if you are passionate and if you feel you are willing to take on the fees, I'd say go for it.

ReputationRep:
    The fees are not an issue because in Scotland universities are very cheap. I ll just have to work part time at least for my living expenses. I ll book an appointment with a career advisor shortly. Thank you for your answer

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 19, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.