Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I am new to the forum..

Long story short, for several reasons I studied Economics and Politics, however my love has always been Biology and Ecology. I am 27 years old now and I am thinking to enroll in a new BSc in this field. I have 4 years volunteer experience in the filed (wieldlife NGOs, environmental maintenance etc) and I am very much in love with it. Do you think I am too old to study this subject and build a career in it (even an academic one)? I feel so guilty for spending my years in Economics and Politics and I can't imagine doing anything with them now.

All replies appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vaso_89)
    Hi everyone, I am new to the forum..

Long story short, for several reasons I studied Economics and Politics, however my love has always been Biology and Ecology. I am 27 years old now and I am thinking to enroll in a new BSc in this field. I have 4 years volunteer experience in the filed (wieldlife NGOs, environmental maintenance etc) and I am very much in love with it. Do you think I am too old to study this subject and build a career in it (even an academic one)? I feel so guilty for spending my years in Economics and Politics and I can't imagine doing anything with them now.

All replies appreciated
    I'd say follow your passion. There are mature students in their forties who start studying. I think you should ask career advisors and experts this, but as far as I can tell if you are passionate and if you feel you are willing to take on the fees, I'd say go for it.

ReputationRep:
    The fees are not an issue because in Scotland universities are very cheap. I ll just have to work part time at least for my living expenses. I ll book an appointment with a career advisor shortly. Thank you for your answer

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 19, 2017

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.