The Student Room Group

I want to stop wearing my hijab

I started wearing my hijab to school when I was 7, though it wasn't full time, I still used to take it off at times. I got more comfortable in it when I was around 10, taking it off only occasionally, to go to maybe a party or something, where it may look kinda awkward. When I was 12, I got sent to a highly religious private Muslim school in Africa, and I got forced to wear big uncomfortable hijabs, and they beat if it's too short. To cut a long story short, I hate wearing the hijab now and I want to stop but, I'm not sure of peoples reactions.
Reply 1
Original post by JohnGreek
Don't do it. Allah is merciful only to those who abide by his bizarre dress code.

I actually laughed at that :biggrin:
Reply 2
If you want to wear it then wear it, if you don't want to wear it then don't wear it.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I started wearing my hijab to school when I was 7, though it wasn't full time, I still used to take it off at times. I got more comfortable in it when I was around 10, taking it off only occasionally, to go to maybe a party or something, where it may look kinda awkward. When I was 12, I got sent to a highly religious private Muslim school in Africa, and I got forced to wear big uncomfortable hijabs, and they beat if it's too short. To cut a long story short, I hate wearing the hijab now and I want to stop but, I'm not sure of peoples reactions.

Do you believe in the Islamic god btw?
Religions are full of inconvenient habits and rituals.
I don't know what your 'punishment' for that will be.
Sorry I can't help you :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest