TannFoster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm studying... Operating Department Practice; well I will be in September at Northumbria University.

Has anyone else received and accepted an offer from Northumbria for September 2017?
It would be great to hear from you
Lauraleam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TannFoster)
I'm studying... Operating Department Practice; well I will be in September at Northumbria University.

Has anyone else received and accepted an offer from Northumbria for September 2017?
It would be great to hear from you
I have sooo excited
TannFoster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Lauraleam)
I have sooo excited
Awwwww yey
Me tooo! I really can't wait!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
jlloyd1991
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi All, i am currently about to qualify as an ODP from northumbria in july, so if you guys have any questions about the course please feel free to leave a message on here.
R19an
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jlloyd1991)
Hi All, i am currently about to qualify as an ODP from northumbria in july, so if you guys have any questions about the course please feel free to leave a message on here.
Hi mate, hope you enioyed the course. Im starting in Sept at Northumbria.

What's your overall opinion on the course?

Do you feel as though you've learnt a great deal?

And also, what is employability like for a newly qualified ODP? Do you think it will be easy to gain employment as an ODP when you graduate?

Thank you
jlloyd1991
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by R19an)
Hi mate, hope you enioyed the course. Im starting in Sept at Northumbria.

What's your overall opinion on the course?

Do you feel as though you've learnt a great deal?

And also, what is employability like for a newly qualified ODP? Do you think it will be easy to gain employment as an ODP when you graduate?

Thank you
Hi mate, i have really enjoyed the course, i felt i have learnt loads over the last two year, especially having no experience in healthcare at all. I must admit it can be quite stressfull with the amount of work. But the course covers 3 main specialties that you do on your placements; Scrub, recovery, and anaesthetics. I have a job and got it in january in my second year. people had jobs as early as november in second year. everyone has jobs in my course, and you will have no problem getting a job.
R19an
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi mate, i have really enjoyed the course, i felt i have learnt loads over the last two year, especially having no experience in healthcare at all. I must admit it can be quite stressfull with the amount of work. But the course covers 3 main specialties that you do on your placements; Scrub, recovery, and anaesthetics. I have a job and got it in january in my second year. people had jobs as early as november in second year. everyone has jobs in my course, and you will have no problem getting a job.
Glad you enjoyed the course! I have no healthcare experience as well so it gives me more confidence to hear someone has done very well on the course despite also having no past experience. It's amazing that students on the course are getting jobs before they've even qualified, makes me feel that this will definitely be worth it and gets me excited haha!

But yeah I can certainly imagine it being stressful but I suppose you'll probably find that in any other healthcare career.

But anyways, good luck in your new job and congratulations
Umutoni
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
i got an offer from nothumbria and i am starting in september
why is ODP only two year at Northumbria and other university is three years
Last edited by Umutoni; 8 months ago
Umutoni
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
why is only for 2 years
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (65)
32.18%
No I don't (98)
48.51%
I work during the holidays (39)
19.31%

Watched Threads