The Student Room Group

can't make my college interview date

so i'm meant to be going back to college in september to do an access course and i got an email today about interviews. the day they gave me was tuesday at 9:30am which i cannot do as every tuesday i have work till 9am and then a driving lesson afterwards. i can literally do any other day and time except tuesday!! so i told them this and they gave me another date but it was just the following tuesday. i asked if they had any that weren't 9am on a tuesday and they said not at the moment. what should i do? shall i wait a while and see if they get more dates. they were only offering me dates in april but i know they do interviews right up until september so shall i just wait because i cannot physically do the tuesday one?
Reschedule a driving lesson?
Reply 2
Original post by BigYoSpeck
Reschedule a driving lesson?

that doesn't help as i still can't get there within half an hour of finishing work as it's over an hour away and that's without rush hour traffic. there's also no chance of me getting time off work
Original post by Anonymous
that doesn't help as i still can't get there within half an hour of finishing work as it's over an hour away and that's without rush hour traffic. there's also no chance of me getting time off work

Have you spoken with the college by phone or email?

They need to accommodate you if your work commitment makes getting to the interview times they offer impossible. In my experience, they'll bend over backwards to enrol people on an access course. If you can't accommodate the time they're inviting you then they need to accommodate when you can and the best way to get that sorted is speaking to a person who can make it happen.

When I was scheduling an interview for mine I was able to book it online from a multitude of dates and times. People were also enrolling at my college on access courses right up to and including the first week of term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending