Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if you could choose the place and people (some of probably can) where would you do it?

for me it would be the stairs leading up to the science dept corridor, with my 2 best friends...we opened our gcse results there, it'd be like old times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    if you could choose the place and people (some of probably can) where would you do it?

for me it would be the stairs leading up to the science dept corridor, with my 2 best friends...we opened our gcse results there, it'd be like old times
    Right by the desk in the hall where i sign for my results with whoever is there at the time (thats what happened with results it will probably happen again )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)

i'd want to be completely on my own - but thats not gonna happen

ReputationRep:
    In the car.

ReputationRep:
    I plan on meandering into an empty classroom to open them

ReputationRep:
    In the hall, can't stand waiting any longer!!!

ReputationRep:
    urm...The place would have to be the Law and Geography floor as I know all the teachers and I had the best classes there. Who with? My best mates and all the law class!
    But most likely on Results Day I will open them in the Hall with everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting anxious about my GCSE results now!

ReputationRep:
    Probably in the reception/office again with 6th form head watching for our reactions. Depending on what they are I'll stay and ask about m8s or leave quietly trying to avoid my 6th form head...

I'm sure it'll be fine, try not to worry, there's not long to wait and we'll only get more stressed for no reason worrying about it this way.

ReputationRep:
    On my own with preferably no-one knowing if I do badly

MB

ReputationRep:
    Im going to go to school , pick up my result card and hopefully find a secluded spot to open them . Im gonna take a cab to school rather than letting my parents drive me

ReputationRep:
    Probably it will be in the hall with everyone else. But where would I like to do it? Somewhere I can relax, like on the field with friends.

ReputationRep:
    as soon as i get them...wherever i am

ReputationRep:
    alone. somewhere really quiet incase i stuff up.
    maybe at midnight when everyone is asleep....

ReputationRep:
    can schools open up the results ? I remember i was on holiday and came back a day or 2 late and the principal remembered all my O-Level grades before i even had the result card

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    can schools open up the results ? I remember i was on holiday and came back a day or 2 late and the principal remembered all my O-Level grades before i even had the result card
    school normally post them first class if you dont turn up on the results day

ReputationRep:
    In the hall with everyone else. I had better get those grades now because I've planned going clubbing afterwards to celebrate so obviously I need something to celebrate.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: in the car with whole family
    AS: Got them posted as we were away
    A2: In the car - haven't decided whether or not to take anyone with me yet!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    school normally post them first class if you dont turn up on the results day
    I was in another country and returned late night on the day that the results came out . the next day was a friday ( its a weekend here) and the school was closed . I got em on saturday .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)

the school get a list of what you get the day before, did u get straight A/A*'s or something? cos i can imagine the head remembering something like that as they are pretty damn good results to get.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.