Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    GCSE: in the car with whole family
    AS: Got them posted as we were away
    A2: In the car - haven't decided whether or not to take anyone with me yet!!
    i could never do it in front of family. it's weird, but opening them with mates is easier you understand each other's pressures to succeed, thats something my family can't relate to in this case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    the school get a list of what you get the day before, did u get straight A/A*'s or something? cos i can imagine the head remembering something like that as they are pretty damn good results to get.
    I did GCE o levels , I think they're like the international ones or something . There are no A*'s in GCEs unforunately . I got 7 A's and 2 B's

ReputationRep:
    I heard somebody say that they would be on the platform of the local station - at the 2 car stop when a 12 car train pulls in. You can work it out for yourselves....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    GCSE: in the car with whole family
    AS: Got them posted as we were away
    A2: In the car - haven't decided whether or not to take anyone with me yet!!
    GCSE: Outside the lunch hall with mates.
    AS: Would prefer to open them on my own, we will have to see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i could never do it in front of family. it's weird, but opening them with mates is easier you understand each other's pressures to succeed, thats something my family can't relate to in this case
    Doesnt help me that much because my best friend hasnt gotten anything except straight A's since grade 7 . He has 3 A's in his A levels , ill probably end up with an AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    Doesnt help me that much because my best friend hasnt gotten anything except straight A's since grade 7 . He has 3 A's in his A levels , ill probably end up with an AAB
    well i do the best out of my friends as well usually, but we understand what our own personal bests are, we don't try and compare ourseves against each other. plus we're all doing different alevel subjects bar a couple so you can't really compare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    well i do the best out of my friends as well usually, but we understand what our own personal bests are, we don't try and compare ourseves against each other. plus we're all doing different alevel subjects bar a couple so you can't really compare
    Me and my mate are doing the same subjects actually except for the fact that he did 3 full A levels (as/A2) in one year and i did 2 full ones and an AS in physics

i know , im a geek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    Depneds on the family, I suppose. Both my family and myself place a lot of pressure to do well on me, so it is not tht unusual. At GCSE we left streight after getting the envelope - If I do well this time I might stay arround a bit. I hope I do well for my Oxford offer - I would not like to join the bloke I heard talking about the 2 car stop and 12 car train... Not that I would - Nottingham is very good as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    if you could choose the place and people (some of probably can) where would you do it?

for me it would be the stairs leading up to the science dept corridor, with my 2 best friends...we opened our gcse results there, it'd be like old times
    I cant open them this time so maybe my physcis teacher would in the corner of the hall or i'd go to the car park and get my mum to break the news however terrible it may be...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Really? :eek: So when i got A for my IGCSE Chemistry that was the highest? :eek:
    That was IGCSE .. i did GCE o levels .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    if you could choose the place and people (some of probably can) where would you do it?

for me it would be the stairs leading up to the science dept corridor, with my 2 best friends...we opened our gcse results there, it'd be like old times
    With my three best friends by the little pond next to the the humanities block, as we have done so in the past two years (AS and GCSE).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)

I remember going for my results last year. I went into the canteen where there were 3 women with the envelopes, each with a chunk of the alphabet. I went to the one with 'H' and she said 'Ah! We've been waiting for you ', I opened the envelope and was pounced on by waiting reporters. lol, I was top of the class that year.

ReputationRep:
    i have no choice but to see them right in front of the teacher who hands me them, in the school gym...coz we get given ours on a piece of paper, face up..and the teacher normally has a nose and says well done or nothing, if u do bad!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a "rip straight open jobby" preferably with no one watching. If my results aren't what I need/want I'll be wanting to avoid my subject teachers. It'll be a different style to the last 2 years as I put off opening AS and GCSE results...

Why did I read this thread? *Trembles*

ReputationRep:
    Mine has always been either in my bed or in my living room, depending on whether I'm awake before the post comes or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    Well last year 4 of my mates got AAAA, I got AAAB and the rest of them got AABB/CC. All of m mates more or less take the same subjects (all scienced based) except for me. We try not to compare as we are not all doing the same degree courses etc and we all have different entry requirements (of which mine requires the highest! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    urm...The place would have to be the Law and Geography floor as I know all the teachers and I had the best classes there. Who with? My best mates and all the law class!
    Typical

ReputationRep:
    With my dad, in the car. No one else is on a par with the support he used to offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)
    Definitely a "rip straight open jobby" preferably with no one watching. If my results aren't what I need/want I'll be wanting to avoid my subject teachers. It'll be a different style to the last 2 years as I put off opening AS and GCSE results...

Why did I read this thread? *Trembles*
    Last year when I was about to collect my AS results my Business teacher shouted me ove and then said come over as soon as you have got your results, I want to have a chat. So, I obviously asumed the worst! (I got a B, so it wasn't too bad!) But the teacher that gave me the results just stared at me, until I told her what I had got.

ReputationRep:
    I intend to open mine as soon as I get the envelope into my hands.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.