Turn on thread page Beta

where/who with would you open your results? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    For my AS's

If bad: Mexico. i.e. as far away from my friends/family as possible.

If good: On a podium in the middle of our college quad.
    how would you know where to open it??? because you wouldnt know how well youve done until you actually open the goddamn thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    how would you know where to open it??? because you wouldnt know how well youve done until you actually open the goddamn thing
    This is a good point, I didn't spot that :mad:!

ReputationRep:
    Well, in that case I'll just have to compromise.

New Answer: On a podium in Mexico.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    This is a good point, I didn't spot that :mad:!
    but i think he meant that straight after finding them out, he would either fly out to mexico and say, kick a cactus, or go to the quad and announce them to the whole school

ReputationRep:
    In the sixth form garden with mates + all the staff who usually congregate there because they are too nosey to wait a few more days.

Ideally, the examinations officer would hand it to me with a beaming face, like the past two times, saying 'Josh, I can't wait till you open this"

ReputationRep:
    isnt it just great when your teachers start congratulating you before you've even opened your results? :rolleyes:

(Original post by elpaw)
    isnt it just great when your teachers start congratulating you before you've even opened your results? :rolleyes:
    lol that actually happened to me with geography......... coincidentally i saw my geography teacher in town today ( she's so hot its unbelievable )

ReputationRep:
    That happened with my ex-Maths teacher handing out GCSE results and my tutor in January. It's very disconcerting.

ReputationRep:
    In all results occasions, me and my mates open up our envelopes together usually outside the school/college. Probably happen like that on Thursday as well.

ReputationRep:
    well...i want to be as far away as possible from all my friends...cos i know i havnt done too well, and thyre expecting me to do amazingly good like in my gcse'!!

im praying that it will be the same thing at as...i got the highest in my year from my school. (i think im another one), it woznt happen again but i jus hope its good!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

ReputationRep:
    for me I think would propably like last year,A level and IG students have this small building becasue the system is new to the school,so propably going to be in the principal's office,I think that the envelope would be allready open,she would even tell me my marks,I think me,mom,and the principal,and I guess some teachers.,my teachers propably,would Be there,I'd rather it would be only me and my mother at the school whole and that no curious body would put his large nose to peak on the marks.

ReputationRep:
    me and my mates wanna open them in the pub but i bet they all just open them in the hall :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be sipping crystal in the back of a hummer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    if you could choose the place and people (some of probably can) where would you do it?

for me it would be the stairs leading up to the science dept corridor, with my 2 best friends...we opened our gcse results there, it'd be like old times

nowhere and never>! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    That's wrong. Although my teachers knew my results before me in January I'd doubt they will in the summer if they want to have a holiday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    my biology and chemistry teachers stood by the entrance to the room where my AS results were. they were standing in the same position, hands cupped, inane grins, like flipping Stepford Wives. really scared me but then i realised as i went into the room why they were grinning

ReputationRep:
    i get my results over the phone :mad:
    its such a cruel way to find out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    if you could choose the place and people (some of probably can) where would you do it?

for me it would be the stairs leading up to the science dept corridor, with my 2 best friends...we opened our gcse results there, it'd be like old times

I will just check on UCAS. Do they tell you the grades on there or do they just state if your in your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    i get my results over the phone :mad:
    its such a cruel way to find out
    ouch

where are you for your results then? i'd hate to find out on the phone, i'd wanna be the first to know. it's really disconcerting that even my teachers know my results for exams that i sat, not them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I will just check on UCAS. Do they tell you the grades on there or do they just state if your in your first choice?
    they just say whether your first and second choices have accepted you (at least they did last year)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.