Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Hehe GCSE's

I know obviously they are no way near as important as AS/A2, but I'm still worried!
    Yea but they're the first exams you have, and I was really worried last year, so it's understandable Best of luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    i hope i get the grades im expected....theyre all A* -C

i HATE it when people get really good grades (A's and B's) but are still dissapointed. If thats not good enough wot were they expecting!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firdy)

i HATE it when people get really good grades (A's and B's) but are still dissapointed. If thats not good enough wot were they expecting!!!!!!
    I had grades like that and was the top scoring guy in our year, didn't stop two girls from getting better grades and appearing in the local newspaper. That's why! They never let me off the hook either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firdy)

I was disappointed and i got all As and Bs. But i just got a lot more Bs than i was expecting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firdy)

All A's and A*'s
    Seriously though, I could have done with a C in German, not a D, and not dropped graphics, which I did. And also done better in my Enlgish Literature exam. As for the rest, if they aren't what I want, I don't know what I've done wrong... As long as I get 7 grades above C's I'll be happy, I want those 2 A's in bio and art though! They're my best subjects... Sod's law that I've buggered those 2 up, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Hehe GCSE's

I know obviously they are no way near as important as AS/A2, but I'm still worried!
    In my opinion GCSE's are more important than AS/A2 because if you dont get good enough grades in GCSE then you cant do the AS/A2 subjects you want to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I was disappointed and i got all As and Bs. But i just got a lot more Bs than i was expecting.
    Yeah, well tbh, I'd be disappointed getting B's in certain subjects when I know I could have done better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    I had grades like that and was the top scoring guy in our year, didn't stop two girls from getting better grades and appearing in the local newspaper. That's why! They never let me off the hook either
    Im expected to be the top scoring girl in my year too
    There are a lot of boys that are gonna do better than me but not as many clever girls im my school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firdy)
    There are a lot of boys that are gonna do better than me but not as many clever girls im my school
    I'm certain you'll do just fine
    Good luck for them, though that isn't a factor anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firdy)
    i hate expectations. i think that is most pressurising thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i hate expectations. i think that is most pressurising thing.
    Yeh that is true

And if I dont get wot every1s expecting they are all gonna be more dissapointed than me...especially those teachers sayin "Dont worry about it, you know ur gonna go very well" when I know im not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    I'm certain you'll do just fine
    Good luck for them, though that isn't a factor anymore
    u know you sound just like my science teacher

but thanx anyway

ReputationRep:
    I hope I do quite well wid my Gcse results, however I kno for a fact that I will be disappointed wid my results. I have never really challenged myself in skool before. As in workin.
    Still I hope my results will be good.
    What would you fink would be acceptable grades for someone who never really worked hard in skool?

ReputationRep:
    Is evryone expecting good results by the way???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fade Into Black)
    I hope I do quite well wid my Gcse results, however I kno for a fact that I will be disappointed wid my results. I have never really challenged myself in skool before. As in workin.
    Still I hope my results will be good.
    What would you fink would be acceptable grades for someone who never really worked hard in skool?
    There are a a lot of people in my school that never try hard but get good grades (A-C).....however others dont do so well.

ReputationRep:
    what good A-C grades are we talkin about???
    4 A's
    3 B's
    3 C's

Is that what you mean?????

ReputationRep:
    4 A's
    3 B's
    3 C's

lol, no A*'s??

ReputationRep:
    4 A's
    3 B's
    3 C's

It varies from person to person, a single A is often highly rated itself! What most want is as many B/C grades as possible.

ReputationRep:
    That isnt what Im gettin so its kool.
    If its B/C's which are seen as a general success then my results should be very respectable... I hope anways.
    If someone had potential what would you think gradeswise???
    (soz if i keep on pesterin bout this!!)

ReputationRep:
    That isnt what Im gettin so its kool.
    If its B/C's which are seen as a general success then my results should be very respectable... I hope anways.
    If someone had potential what would you think gradeswise???
    (soz if i keep on pesterin bout this!!)
    I would expect a majority of A's, A*'s and some B's (but since GCSE's are so broad it's difficult to tell)

A side note, many people who didn't do well at GCSE's excel in higher education. So you can't judge from those grades really, they're a stepping stone to even higher things

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.