Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have one and it's good for putting in the living room if you invite loadsa mates round to watch a film or a match or something but it sounds like the fan is capable of cooling down a nuclear power station!

ReputationRep:
    I got one for my birthday a few days ago so im definitely taking it with me, and i've askeda accomodation at Leeds, where i'm going, and they said they are fine to take with you.

Not loud at all and is just one of the greatest things ever. Currentlyfull of stella, chocolate and mini cocktail sausages.......oh and evian to make me look healthy. Its got a glass front and stella logos. I would definitely say YES to getting one!!

ReputationRep:
    Go for it! Just check it out with the uni. I'll be taking one as I drink about 4 pints of milk a day and I don't want anyone stealing my precious supply :P

ReputationRep:
    "2.7 Allow guests to occupy the residential premises for the purpose of sleeping overnight except with the permission of either the Resident Tutor or the Accommodation Manager first obtained up to a maximum of three nights."

this rule from UEA made me laugh so i have to tell them 3 days in advance if im gonna pull...... im really not that confident!

ReputationRep:
    I was in halls at UEA last year. 4 out of the 8 people in my flat had fridges in their room, and one of them had a full size kitchen fridge under their desk. The cleaners don't care, and if it's under your desk they cant see it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Emmz-)
    Maybe you could wait until you got there and see how bad your flatmates are?

Some of the stories I hear, make my flatmates last year sound like angels! *LoL*
    Im not worried about people stealing my food really, I just really want one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feedtheflamingo)
    I have one and it's good for putting in the living room if you invite loadsa mates round to watch a film or a match or something but it sounds like the fan is capable of cooling down a nuclear power station!
    my boyfriend has this very fridge in his house (not uni accommodation - just a standard house) and i can tell you its big and brilliant!! holds loadsa beer, food, etc. never noticed it making a sound though? i'm thinking of getting my own one for when i go to uni in october but £90 is steep for my below the bread-line student budget!!! if i can raise the dough though i'll def be getting one. much more useful than those car fridges that only fit 4 cans in (that'd last me for a good hour then!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    Here is my one

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...sky-hf40st.asp
    No way, thats the one I'm getting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Should I?
    You arent allowed them at Liverpool...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    not long to go now before you experience the soft, velvet feel of a succulent cow's backside..

hope you've been doing lots of extra-reading on degree level biochemistry *ahem*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    not long to go now before you experience the soft, velvet feel of a succulent cow's backside..

hope you've been doing lots of extra-reading on degree level biochemistry *ahem*
    I hate biochem!!!! How has first year gone for you? Just hoping results go to plan on thursday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    I hate biochem!!!! How has first year gone for you? Just hoping results go to plan on thursday...
    fine, although i did go through a brief period of wanting to kill myself around mid-december time, hehe. all the work is certainly an eye opener and i now detest all things biochemistry with a passion.

i passed everything though and did not return for any infamous resits (which quite a few medics did surprisingly). the vets i knew passed as well.

as far as a-levels are concerned, i went through a two week period beforehand of not sleeping and having nightmares about a massive "C" grade chasing me around the school grounds with a poker stick. hope you're not worried that much!! it turned out alright for me, and 26% of people do get As in chemistry, maths etc. so i dare say you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    fine, although i did go through a brief period of wanting to kill myself around mid-december time, hehe. all the work is certainly an eye opener and i now detest all things biochemistry with a passion.

i passed everything though and did not return for any infamous resits (which quite a few medics did surprisingly). the vets i knew passed as well.

as far as a-levels are concerned, i went through a two week period beforehand of not sleeping and having nightmares about a massive "C" grade chasing me around the school grounds with a poker stick. hope you're not worried that much!! it turned out alright for me, and 26% of people do get As in chemistry, maths etc. so i dare say you'll be fine!
    Well done with all your exams - that must be a relief...Ill try and let you know how I get on (if I can bare the shame!)

ReputationRep:
    I got a fridge when i was in nurses accomodation. No one nicked food but we only had one fridge between 8 so there wasn't much room.

Back in the real world of a 'proper house' it's nice to have a food fridge in the kitchen and a beer fridge in the living room. Mine's about 2' high, so cover it with a fancy bit of material and it looks like a bedside cabinet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    Noooooo...is this for certain?

ReputationRep:
    I have one of the cheapy £20 white fridges and I wouldn't recommend them. For a start, because of the shape you can only just about fit two single pint cartons of milk in. It's not easy to put in lots of differently shaped stuff - I could fit in two cartons of cranberry juice but not one carton of cranberry and one pint of milk.

It can run VERY cold but the downside of this is that ice sometimes forms on the bottom if you get condensation into it. This happens if you turn it on and off because of the noise. It does make a very annoying humming noise, a bit like a laptop running too hot with all its fans on at once.

You may be interested to know that you cannot fit a friend's head in it unless your friend has an especially small head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colemanballs)
    I have one of the cheapy £20 white fridges and I wouldn't recommend them. For a start, because of the shape you can only just about fit two single pint cartons of milk in. It's not easy to put in lots of differently shaped stuff - I could fit in two cartons of cranberry juice but not one carton of cranberry and one pint of milk.

It can run VERY cold but the downside of this is that ice sometimes forms on the bottom if you get condensation into it. This happens if you turn it on and off because of the noise. It does make a very annoying humming noise, a bit like a laptop running too hot with all its fans on at once.

You may be interested to know that you cannot fit a friend's head in it unless your friend has an especially small head.
    Ill keep all that in mind and go for a more expensive option.

ReputationRep:
    yeah! get one! i have one of the silver egg fridges..and if you get it from John Lewis its £50 whereas most other places its about £80

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster also don't allow them unless it's for medical purposes

ReputationRep:
    this one looks quite good value:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...065825-5326034

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.