The Student Room Group

Something you did that no one expected of you?

In yr 11 i was failing history we did two mock exams I got an F and E. All of our class failed and our teacher was so pissed off, she was on the brink of tears.

In class she'd have this spreadsheet with all the coursework grades some had A*/A etc
My coursework was at a U and every week she'd remind me to attend after school sessions.
I came up with*excuses e.g. I have maths support. She*literally used to go crazy. Forget about maths! this*school only cares about your science, English and maths! they don't give a damn about anything else!

2 months before the exam, as*I strolled into history coursework support, the sun came out. she said god is smiling and happy that you came today. I'll never forget that.

Tbh the only reason I attended was because it was 'do or die'.

Anyways I ended up getting a B in my coursework and a B overall in my exams. Sadly I never saw my history teacher but I bet she was gladly suprised.

Scroll to see replies

Didn't speak to my dad for 12 years after he hit me despite living in the same house. I felt like forgiving him several times (but was embarrassed to go about it) but then he would repeatedly be nasty to me again anyway so I left it. When I said that I was never speaking to him again I must have meant it :/
to do well academically
was written off as 'dyslexic' (which im not) at a young age and never expected to get anywhere
that's why i work hard, to prove them wrong
bit cringe but there you go
Original post by Anonymous
to do well academically
was written off as 'dyslexic' (which im not) at a young age and never expected to get anywhere
that's why i work hard, to prove them wrong
bit cringe but there you go

No not cringe at all.
It's good that you're working hard and hope you succeed 😊
Original post by ALYAMAANI
No not cringe at all.
It's good that you're working hard and hope you succeed 😊

awww thank you :hugs: and same to you, congrats for ur history exam btw :five:
Was predicted BB for GCSE Science but got AB instead. #bowdown
Smoke a joint. (It was a one off)
Once I actually did what was expected of me and no one expected that ~

O.O
Reply 8
I wrote a poem.
i rejected an ugly girl
Original post by 0zzu
I wrote a poem.

Can you give us an exclusive read?
Reply 11
Surviving results day.
Reply 12
Can you give us an exclusive read?

I'd rather not, and it's not even in English anyway.

I always liked science, maths, computer science and those subjects. I've always been a very logical and rational person. I've been mocked as being a 'robot' and I have a strange twist in my hair, which my friends like to call my 'charging port' (har har). It's not like I took offence from that, but I suppose nobody expected me to be creative or have feelings.
Original post by Anonymous
awww thank you :hugs: and same to you, congrats for ur history exam btw :five:

Even though it was a few years ago, thanks :five:
The careers advisor at my Sixth Form was known for putting people down and crushing their dreams if they tried to be the least bit ambitious. He mocked me for applying to UCL and failing to secure a place there for undergrad study.

I am now doing a masters at UCL. :smile:
Original post by tasha_tah

Idek tbh :rofl:
Reply 17
Talk

Spoiler

Original post by Lychee627
Idek tbh :rofl:

:colonhash:
In yr 11 i was failing history we did two mock exams I got an F and E. All of our class failed and our teacher was so pissed off, she was on the brink of tears.

In class she'd have this spreadsheet with all the coursework grades some had A*/A etc
My coursework was at a U and every week she'd remind me to attend after school sessions.
I came up with*excuses e.g. I have maths support. She*literally used to go crazy. Forget about maths! this*school only cares about your science, English and maths! they don't give a damn about anything else!

2 months before the exam, as*I strolled into history coursework support, the sun came out. she said god is smiling and happy that you came today. I'll never forget that.

Tbh the only reason I attended was because it was 'do or die'.

Anyways I ended up getting a B in my coursework and a B overall in my exams. Sadly I never saw my history teacher but I bet she was gladly suprised.

My english teacher thought i might fail her subject in iGCSE, had an E in the mocks... but surprisingly had a C in the real exam...

Quick Reply

Latest