SNS2009
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am supporting daughter's student finance application and filling in the forms on household income. There does not appear to be anywhere to input income from dividends. The only place dividend income is listed is under foreign income. Where should dividend income from uk companies be entered on the household income form?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SNS2009)
I am supporting daughter's student finance application and filling in the forms on household income. There does not appear to be anywhere to input income from dividends. The only place dividend income is listed is under foreign income. Where should dividend income from uk companies be entered on the household income form?
Section 3
Question 3c
asks about income from UK investments and dividends:
http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1718/ft/s...orm_1718_d.pdf
Page 6 for the question
Page 12 for the notes explaining what is included

If you're completing the form online and it doesn't include that question then I'd recommend using the paper form instead.
Maher12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can do it online! Its hidden several layers under Savings. Income from UK investments and dividendsDividends from UK companies
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SNS2009)

Hi SNS2009,

That information can be entered on section 3 of the Financial Circumstances Form, PFF2.

Section 3
Q3, asks

Did you receive any income from savings and investments?

Total income from UK investments and dividends.

Regards Rona
Mucker
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This confused me too as Dividends are neither Savings nor Investments.Their Section 3 should really tie up with the SA100 Tax Return and be titled 'Interest and Dividends from UK Banks and Building Socities'Wait a minute why don't they just get the tax return data from the HMRC, save us all a load of time!
justmum
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'm just going through this process now and I agree it's very confusing. What did you do in the end?
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by justmum)
Hi I'm just going through this process now and I agree it's very confusing. What did you do in the end?
Hi, you should input the figure on the form. SFE will check for any discrepancies.
AdrianDad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was also confused. There are very few explanatory notes on the online form for this or other sections. You have to say Yes to income from uk investments or interest & another page opens with 4 checkboxes including Dividends.
Last edited by AdrianDad; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads