AQA A Level Exam new: 2S The Making of Modern Britain, 1951–2007 7042/2S 16 Jun 2017 Watch

This discussion is closed.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Exam thread for the 2017 DEPTH study paper on 16th June 2017

7042/2S
electrahearts
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
not looking forward to this paper i must say
AaronHowarth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Predicting at least one question regarding the EEC due to Brexit.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
(Original post by AaronHowarth)
Predicting at least one question regarding the EEC due to Brexit.
Wasn't that in the specimen paper though

EDIT: i take this back was acc an alright question tho :yes:
electrahearts
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I agree in regards to the EEC question, but maybe more in the sense of 'attitudes to Europe' in the later period e.g. between Thatcher and Blair. Does anyone else feel like we'll get something on race relations as well? It seems too relevant not to include!
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
(Original post by electrahearts)
I agree in regards to the EEC question, but maybe more in the sense of 'attitudes to Europe' in the later period e.g. between Thatcher and Blair. Does anyone else feel like we'll get something on race relations as well? It seems too relevant not to include!
Hopefully not :/ race relations is the worst bit
sarskinz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think something with Thatcher may come up maybe?
electrahearts
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you look on the spec papers the only mention of Blair is the Iraq source; apart from that there's no question that goes beyond the Thatcher period... something tells me Major or Blair will be popping up tbh
jxssamy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone else feeling massively unprepared for this hahaha
ethan_gill99
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I really, really hope two of the essays aren't on society. Don't like it at all, same with Northern Ireland. Two parts of the course I don't massively understand haha.
jxssamy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ethan_gill99)
I really, really hope two of the essays aren't on society. Don't like it at all, same with Northern Ireland. Two parts of the course I don't massively understand haha.
if the source is on NI i think i'll walk out the exam
ethan_gill99
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jxssamy)
if the source is on NI i think i'll walk out the exam
I honestly can't name much about what goes on with NI haha. I hope they're nice and most of the exam is on elections, economy and politics. Saying that I struggle to remember the stats for the economy sooooo.
jxssamy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I honestly can't name much about what goes on with NI haha. I hope they're nice and most of the exam is on elections, economy and politics. Saying that I struggle to remember the stats for the economy sooooo.
realistically even with nice questions im gonna struggle which is great
AmeliaHarper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The last History paper wasn't too bad and I really wasn't prepared for that one, whilst this one I know I'm prepared for, but I'm terrfied for the exam! I'm clueless at the moment and since I have two other exams before this one, I don't have time to relook at the whole thing!
sarskinz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hate society as well
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarskinz)
I hate society as well
same it all blurs into one across the decades :/
ethan_gill99
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
same it all blurs into one across the decades :/
Yeah I'm just praying it's only one of the essays so I can avoid it. My history teacher told us to avoid them if possible because they're hard to answer.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Yeah I'm just praying it's only one of the essays so I can avoid it. My history teacher told us to avoid them if possible because they're hard to answer.
agree with that :yes: i think it's partly because the social stuff is more 'wishy washy' for lack of a better term, with the political and economic stuff there are a lot of concrete case studies and statistics whereas with the social stuff there doesn't seem to be as much to back up your points with
jxssamy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
agree with that :yes: i think it's partly because the social stuff is more 'wishy washy' for lack of a better term, with the political and economic stuff there are a lot of concrete case studies and statistics whereas with the social stuff there doesn't seem to be as much to back up your points with
I agree with that, it's more making claims with little to back up with evidence
ethan_gill99
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Really hope it's only one of the questions so I can avoid it like the plague haha. Looking at the specimen paper, two of the questions on that are society so hopefully that's a good sign.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads