Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

what is your opinions on fancying cousins? watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it sick or is it ok? I know in some cultures its perfectly normal.

If you did fall in love with a cousin would you surpress your feelings and carry on or let it be known?

Interesting to know peoples view on this.

ReputationRep:
    I know it can be legal if they are not directly related by blood or something like that. Its dodgy ground and i steer well clear of it!! lol! I suppose it helps I am the oldest child in my extended family, all the others are 13 and under!!

ReputationRep:
    eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww! i couldnt do it, its like fancying a brother

ReputationRep:
    My parents are first cousins and so is my brother and sis-in-law. I'm indifferent.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bit weird to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenna-garner)
    Is it sick or is it ok? I know in some cultures its perfectly normal.

If you did fall in love with a cousin would you surpress your feelings and carry on or let it be known?

Interesting to know peoples view on this.
    Not a good look to be fair

ReputationRep:
    yes but it does happen and they say that you can't help who you fall in love with.. I'm neutral since I don't like any of my cousins but I was just wondering because many people do fancy their cousins...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt dream of fancying one of my cousins , one because they are all younger than me . and two , because its like i want my siste *eww*

its also not really great if youre married and having kids , dont they increase chances of kids being born wiht downs syndrome ?

ReputationRep:
    Another thread on incest.....

ReputationRep:
    I feel that if love is present between 2 then is it somewhat acceptable. I for one do not fit into the category of this and would hate to see this happen in my family.
    but would understand others.
    I think its a weird n unconforatble situations to be involved in.....
    but I just think that with the situations in society its seen as unacceptable.
    I must this one the most curious threads Ive contributed to.

ReputationRep:
    I don't regard it has incest, incest is between siblings, incest is between mum and son etc, cousins are allowed to marry and also in many cultures it is acceptable so no its not another incest thread.

Educate yourself....

ReputationRep:
    in india...they make sure that the person you marry is 7 generations removed to avoid incest since most marry into their own religion and caste e.t.c

ReputationRep:
    I don't regard it has incest, incest is between siblings, incest is between mum and son etc, cousins are allowed to marry and also in many cultures it is acceptable so no its not another incest thread.

Educate yourself....
    Seems like that hit a raw nerve

ReputationRep:

Educate yourself....
    Cousins are allowed to marry. So why not nephew and aunt? I'd like to know where this is legal.

ReputationRep:
    In the UK it is legal to marry your first cousin. Though the whole situation is still a bit strange in our culture. I guess it is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    In the UK it is legal to marry your first cousin. Though the whole situation is still a bit strange in our culture. I guess it is fine.
    My point is that incest is between close relatives and not necessarily how the law sees it.

ReputationRep:
    It is legal because aunty and nephew are closer in blood. If you don't believe me than do some research, its a proven fact that aunty and nephew, uncle and niece are closer in blood than even first cousins, you hardly share any blood with 2nd cousins, and 3rd and 4th you are practically not related.

ReputationRep:
    No idea what section 27(3)(b) means http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/a...3/30042--b.htm

ReputationRep:
    You can bonk your cousin as long as you haven't been living with them? Bizarre

ReputationRep:
    .... also, the rules about animals are quite ambiguous. They mention that it is illegal to have sex with a live animal and then later talks about corpses but it does not make it clear whether it means only human corpses... hmmmm

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.