what is your opinions on fancying cousins? Watch

This discussion is closed.
A0307
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jenna-garner)
It is legal because aunty and nephew are closer in blood. If you don't believe me than do some research, its a proven fact that aunty and nephew, uncle and niece are closer in blood than even first cousins, you hardly share any blood with 2nd cousins, and 3rd and 4th you are practically not related.
Obviously - your aunt is one of your parents sisters, while your cousin is your aunts child.
jenna-garner
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
http://www.weddingguide.co.uk/articl...prohibited.asp
innercitylife
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think it's mainly the taboo that governs how I feel on this, it does feel wrong due to the fact that you share blood. Then again, a mate of mine recently started getting feelings for his soon to be step-sister, and that felt odd to, and there is no shared blood at all. I think the problem lies in that you are altering the role of what it is to be a sister, a cousin etc. I also don't agree with it for medical reasons, surely it cannot be very healthy genetically due to increased chances of inheriting a disease both of your parents have.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by innercitylife)
I also don't agree with it for medical reasons, surely it cannot be very healthy genetically due to increased chances of inheriting a disease both of your parents have.
Would you stop two non-family members having children on the basis that they both have the same disease, and so, by having a child will increase the chances of that?
innercitylife
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Would you stop two non-family members having children on the basis that they both have the same disease, and so, by having a child will increase the chances of that?
No, good point, but I've seen information before that suggests that it is a lot higher risk and there are other problems - although I guess this is more the case where there is a lot of in-breeding as opposed to just a one off case. I'm not great on science.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by innercitylife)
No, good point, but I've seen information before that suggests that it is a lot higher risk and there are other problems - although I guess this is more the case where there is a lot of in-breeding as opposed to just a one off case. I'm not great on science.
The case you described would be fine way back in the past but not really by todays standards. Health is improving and we're living longer. The only recent case I can think of banning this sort of behaviour was with Queen Victoria's children or so it was said once on here. The problem only arises when children are created, yet this argument is still used when there may be none.
celestial
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jenna-garner)
Is it sick or is it ok? I know in some cultures its perfectly normal.

If you did fall in love with a cousin would you surpress your feelings and carry on or let it be known?

Interesting to know peoples view on this.
That depends on your own views and opinion. I don't think it's that bad. You can't exactly control how you feel sometimes.

If I did fall in love with a cousin, I'll probably supress my feelings and carry on.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Interesting http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/a...3/30042--b.htm

Are you aloud to marry a step father?
Brown Patrick Bateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
My parents are first cousins and so is my brother and sis-in-law
:eek:
olddeblasio
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Are you from Norfolk?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by feedtheflamingo)
Are you from Norfolk?
:confused:
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i thought only people from alabama liked their cousins
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Another thread on incest.....
Teenage forum....a lot of threads about incest; I hold a lot of hope for the future society.

As for the topic, I wouldn't call it sick or anything, but I would avoid it if I could, if I really did fall in love with a cousin I might have to consider it as it's not like it's my sister, *appropiate shudder* - still, like I said, I'd avoid it if I could.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (81)
45.76%
Pro-humanity (96)
54.24%

Watched Threads