cat2300
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I love the look of UEA and really like the look of course. I love history at Alevel and i'm wondering how different the degree is to alevel (other than the obvious that it's harder). Also what is the teaching/support like at UEA? Thanks
University of East Anglia
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Cat,

We're really pleased to hear that you love the look of UEA, and of the course! You're not alone - we're first in the UK for overall student satisfaction in History!

You might like this short film about the history department for a taster:

If you're in Yr 12, you could also attend our History Summer School to get a feel for the school!

There are lots of difference between studying at degree level and A-level, but one of the best things is that *you* can choose to study the things which interest you. In first year at UEA the modules are compulsory, but after that you can choose from a really wide array of topics and time periods. (One of the compulsory modules in first year is on Witchcraft, which looks AMAZING. I keep meaning to sneak away from my office to try and attend the seminars.) You also have to be prepared to do a lot of independent working, because you'll have much less timetabled in than in Sixth Form.

History at UEA scores exceptionally well for student satisfaction, like I mentioned earlier, with our teaching and support scoring highly. Here's the proof! (From unistats)
Name:  History.PNG
Views: 60
Size:  23.5 KB

The best thing for you to do if you haven't already is to attend an Open Day at UEA, so you can get an introduction to the course and to our campus.

Hope that all helps!

Rowan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
    Fri, 6 Dec '19
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads