Culture Week: Italian Food! Watch

chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
In Italy, food is a huge part of the culture. In fact, Italy is often credited for 'teaching' the rest of Europe how to do food properly! On Sundays, Italians have a really big lunch with a number of courses. Sunday is the only day of the week when all of the courses are eaten. It's often done with extended family, and is really important to them. It's a time for catching up and eating great food in great company. Depending on the region it starts between 12pm and 1pm, and sometimes may even last until teatime! Here, for each part of the Sunday meal, are a few recipes!

Antipasto - Starter

Marinated Mozzarella Balls
Spoiler:
Show

Traditional Antipasti Platter
Spoiler:
Show

Primo - First Main Course Dish

Pasta with Winter Squash and Tomatoes
Spoiler:
Show

Spinach and Ricotta Risotto
Spoiler:
Show

Secondo - Second Main Course Dish

Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Feta Cheese
Spoiler:
Show

Neapolitan Meatloaf
Spoiler:
Show

Contorno - Side Dish

Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes
Spoiler:
Show

Pizza di Patate
Spoiler:
Show

Dolce - Sweet Dessert

Tiramisu
Spoiler:
Show

Blueberry Focaccia
Spoiler:
Show

Caffè

Coffee!
Spoiler:
Show

Ammazzacaffè

Ammazzacaffè is used to dull the after-taste and caffeine effect of the coffee. It's a small glass of liqueur of choice. Amaretto is a really popular.

Hopefully this gives you a bit of a look into an Italian feast! What do you think about the amount of food eaten? Are any of these foods something you'd try, or already have tried? What foods would you suggest as being Italian staples? (Other than pasta and pizza! :laugh:)
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
In Italy, food is a huge part of the culture. In fact, Italy is often credited for 'teaching' the rest of Europe how to do food properly! On Sundays, Italians have a really big lunch with a number of courses. Sunday is the only day of the week when all of the courses are eaten. It's often done with extended family, and is really important to them. It's a time for catching up and eating great food in great company. Depending on the region it starts between 12pm and 1pm, and sometimes may even last until teatime! Here, for each part of the Sunday meal, are a few recipes!

Antipasto - Starter

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Neapolitan Meatloaf
Spoiler:
Show

Contorno - Side Dish

Spoiler:
Show

Pizza di Patate
Spoiler:
Show

Dolce - Sweet Dessert

Tiramisu
Spoiler:
Show

Blueberry Focaccia
Spoiler:
Show

Caffè

Coffee!
Spoiler:
Show

Ammazzacaffè

Ammazzacaffè is used to dull the after-taste and caffeine effect of the coffee. It's a small glass of liqueur of choice. Amaretto is a really popular.

Hopefully this gives you a bit of a look into an Italian feast! What do you think about the amount of food eaten? Are any of these foods something you'd try, or already have tried? What foods would you suggest as being Italian staples? (Other than pasta and pizza! :laugh:)

All this food is making me hungry now :coma:

It sounds too complicated, I'd say just eat anything at any time of day.
Nunchuck-master-2334
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Antipasto - Starter

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Neapolitan Meatloaf
Spoiler:
Show

Contorno - Side Dish

Spoiler:
Show

Pizza di Patate
Spoiler:
Show

Dolce - Sweet Dessert

Tiramisu
Spoiler:
Show

Blueberry Focaccia
Spoiler:
Show

Caffè

Coffee!
Spoiler:
Show

Ammazzacaffè

Dude, you missed the Italian Twinkle!
Nunchuck-master-2334
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
All this food is making me hungry now :coma:

It sounds too complicated, I'd say just eat anything at any time of day.
You read my mind pal!
chazwomaq
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't forget ragu bolognese - and remember plenty of white wine and cream.
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by chazwomaq)
Don't forget ragu bolognese - and remember plenty of white wine and cream.
:laugh:
username2571271
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wait wait wait 2 main courses?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! :eek: :eek2: :eek4: :eek3: :eek4: :eek2: :eek:

I struggle to get through my dessert after having 1 main, having starters and a 2nd main course would kill me off completely

Some of these look really nice, and then some I dont think I could eat (I'm picky tho..... :hide:)

My favourite Italian food are calzones, the meatball ones at Frankie and Bennys = :love: :love: :love:
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
x
Thank you for this. You have remembered me why I appreciate Italian cuisine so much. I especially like the different sorts of pasta, there is not really another nation which has so many delicious dishes for those. And there is no nation to understand how to prepared it in a tasty way.

Think about to do Italian food for the coming week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (205)
23.51%
Pop (215)