username2903378
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi.

I've got offers from both but I really can't decide. For what I've managed to read:

UCL pros vs Warwick:
>Far more varied and intersting social life
>Better international rep (although I'm looking to work in England so not a huge issue)
>Warwick is in the middle of nowhere, UCL certainly is not.

Warwick Pros vs UCL:
>Course looks really intersting. Tonnes of variety and consistently higher student satisfaction with a very well run department.
>At UCL the focus is on research, at Warwick the focus is on the student.
>Warwick is very well run campus based Uni
>Warwick is a lot cheaper: perhaps a more diverse crowd rather than just rich kids (I can barely afford UCL)

From what I've seen, prestige and employment prospects are pretty much identical.
Report 2 years ago
I would still say UCL
I mean they are both target universities but UCLs prestigue is still higher and they are excellent overall for every subject

Is it econ?
username2903378
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ded101)
I would still say UCL
I mean they are both target universities but UCLs prestigue is still higher and they are excellent overall for every subject

Is it econ?

Yeah it's pure Econ. You're right I think UCL is a little more prestigious. Although this year Warwick have actually been more selective than UCL and rejected many people with straight A*s/grades far exceeding the requirements.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Quiet_Male)
Yeah it's pure Econ. You're right I think UCL is a little more prestigious. Although this year Warwick have actually been more selective than UCL and rejected many people with straight A*s/grades far exceeding the requirements.
They're both great. I personally know people who attend Warwick and got in with ABB and although this was for science courses, UCL would never do this or even if they did it would be a slight miss in their offer ect

Are you based in London?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (40)
7.72%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (301)
58.11%
No (177)
34.17%

Watched Threads