The Student Room Group

EPQ Report & Artefact

I am doing an artefact with a report for my EPQ and I need to know if there is a maximum word count for it. AQA says that there is a minimum of 1,000 words but doesn't state a maximum and I have already went up to 2,600 words. If anyone is able to help me find any information on maximum word counts then that'd be great thank you as it is due Monday and I have been told to take out half of my report already and put in into an appendix but I don't really want to do that..
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Can you email the teacher/person who is helping do the EPQ's and try to see if have any advice as I'm not sure on the exact word count sorry :frown:
Also if you're having problems with it maybe ask if you can have an extension? I'm not sure if that would be allowed but that might help you get the report sorted
Hi,

There's no maximum word count but if you go over 10% of the word limit (i.e 1100 words) you demonstrate that your writing is not concise. At least that was our advice.

Tom
As a side note - why not an appendix? sounds like a good idea to me.
I'm doing AQA EPQ, and the word count is strictly 1000 with 10% leeway apparently.
*hasn't started report with 6 days to go*

A lot of my peers are getting EASILY to over 2k, 3k and one could easily get to 5k ;-;

Quick Reply

Latest