The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Anyone thinking of doing nursing at City university london?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Iloveladygagaxo
Congratulations!

I'm representing nursing at the applicant day on the 19th so will see you then ☺️ If you have any questions in the mean time, feel free to message me!

Excellent! See you then :smile:

And thanks for all your help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 21
How was the assessment like at City what type of questions were they asking
Original post by RupertD
Hi! I'm thinking of studying adult nursing at City. I'm still waiting for my offer though (only had my assessment day yesterday).

I've got 4 other uni offers including Kings, but I really like the feel at City and will probably firm them if the offer comes through.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by razwizz
How was the assessment like at City what type of questions were they asking

We can't discuss specifics for obvious reasons, but the selection day section on the website spells it out quite clearly.

http://www.city.ac.uk/health/selection-day/bsc-adult-nursing

For adult nursing there was a numeracy test, a literacy test and an aptitude test with scenario based questions. As with all nursing selection tests make sure you're able to write loads on the usual main questions you get (e.g. what the ròle of a nurse is, why you want to be one, etc)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Thank you so much for your help and it was very useful
Reply 24
What is the course like and how strict is the marking . Currently at Cardiff university and it's so difficult to even get a pass mark! Looking to transfer my 2nd year to city hopefully
(edited 6 years ago)
congratss!! i got my place at city for adult nursing too! :smile:
Reply 26
Hi, I have applied through clearing to study the post graduate adult nursing course at City. Is anyone else going to be doing this? I've wanted to study nursing for a long time. I'm just a bit worried how i'll cope financially with rent, food, day to day living...
Reply 27
Hello everyone :smile:

I'm a third year student nurse at City university.

Feel free to ask any questions about the course/the university/london :smile:

Hey, are you doing child nursing or adult
Original post by Yus1907
Hey, are you doing child nursing or adult

Hi,

I’m qualified now but I did child nursing. The courses are quite similarly structured so I can answer any questions you might have, if you have any :smile:
Reply 29
That's great, do you know roughly how many exams there are in a year of chid nursing
Original post by Yus1907
That's great, do you know roughly how many exams there are in a year of chid nursing

In year 1 we had 3, year 2 we had 2 and in year 3 we had 2 ☺️ We had more essays than exams x
Brilliant well done! I had offers from Kings and West London when I applied too. You'll be absolutely fine :smile: Let me know how tomorrow goes!

So in your final year, child students do it slightly differently (only difference being final placement times).

But basically from the first week of September until the final week of October, we were on placement. Then from the end of October until Christmas we were at university for our leadership and management module and dissertation module. After christmas, we had two weeks of simulated practice and then we've been on our final placements ever since (we finish in 4 weeks, scary!). I know for adult, this period when we have been doing our final placement, they have been on other placements and are due to start their finals at the beginning of May until August.

We have a practical exam in third year (mine was today!) and you have a literature review (dissertation) which is due in May.

In regards to jobs, I already have my NQ position confirmed. Normally, people get offered a job where they do their final placements but you're free to apply anytime in your third year. I know a lot of the adult students already have jobs :smile:

what was your insurance choice
Original post by RupertD
Kings, Middlesex, Bucks New and West London. I've had offers for all of those, but City was my first choice from when I started my access course. Fingers crossed!

So how does it work in your final year? From the open day it sounded like most of the year is spent on placements? Do you do a dissertation too? And how far ahead of the summer can you get a nqn job sorted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for Radiography (Diagnostic Imaging) at City and my Selection day is next week. I know it's not nursing or anything but I was wondering for the person who did the access course while applying, I'm doing a foundation year at Middlesex right now. Someone said you have to bring your qualifications but I have nothing yet for my foundation year so what did you do?

Also to anyone else, someone told me last year she had a one on one interview rather than group, I'm confused as to what I'm preparing for. Just wondering what kind of things they ask you etc. and how the morning tests are.
Reply 33
Original post by ZorroTheN00b
I'm applying for Radiography (Diagnostic Imaging) at City and my Selection day is next week. I know it's not nursing or anything but I was wondering for the person who did the access course while applying, I'm doing a foundation year at Middlesex right now. Someone said you have to bring your qualifications but I have nothing yet for my foundation year so what did you do?

This was a year ago, but as far as I can remember, i just asked my college for a letter stating what modules I had done so far that year and any grades I'd achieved.
Reply 34
Original post by RupertD
Oooh! And what can I expect from an Adult Nursing Selection Day?
Mine is next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyyy I had some questions regarding City. When is it we go on placements in first year? How many weeks to we get holidays in december?
Reply 35
Hey! I started my placements at the end of April. Its much later than other unis, but youre more prepared in terms of theory and simulated practice.

And i think we had about 3 weeks holiday in December, but a few essays and things due during that time.
Reply 36
hi everyone, I'm really confused as i applied for child nursing at City and got my offer but haven't received an applicant day. are there applicant days for child nursing students?????
Reply 37
Original post by RupertD
Hey! I started my placements at the end of April. Its much later than other unis, but youre more prepared in terms of theory and simulated practice.

And i think we had about 3 weeks holiday in December, but a few essays and things due during that time.

Oh alright thanks and how about exams? Do you have that in January?
Reply 38
Original post by Rose255
Oh alright thanks and how about exams? Do you have that in January?

Just one exam in the first year and it comes in April (a multiple choice bio exam). Other than that its mainly a bunch of assignments/essays due in Dec/Jan and April, plus an OSCE nursing practical exam in April.

Ive heard the exams get much tougher in the second year!
Reply 39
Original post by Marshmallow14
Hi! So, i've gotten an offer to do adult nursing at City and i cant seem to find anyone who's in the same boat as me so if your are please say hi, id love to talk.
:smile:

Hi, I put city as my first choice for adult nursing, you still going there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending