Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive heard that its possible to see whether you reached the grades in your offer from your university, without actually seeing the grades themselves, at 00.01am on Thursday 19th August.

Does anyone know if this is true? or which how i can find out if its true?
    or even if which institutions are participating?

p.s (have already emailed ucas - got automated response)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    It isn't true - the UCAS tracker isn't due to go live until 11AM on results day (and in all probability will go down at that time as it has in previous years).

Clearing vacancies will be visable from midnight on the morning of the 19th and applicants already eligible for clearing will be able to start applying (although they'd be daft to do so if they hadn't already been in touch with the universities concerned). Applicants who *might* be eligible for clearing (ie people who've missed both firm and insurance offers) won't know about it until later on in the day.
    thanks (didn't see theres an official clearing thread - very useful!)

ReputationRep:
    i heard from one of my teachers that you can check on UCAS to see if you got your place at 00:01am.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    That will be interesting given that the data transfer from unis to UCAS doesn't happen until around 2AM every morning....
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    lol
    i didnt say that dont happen

i merely pointed out the fact that a teacher told me that.

ReputationRep:
    Have Edexcel released results today via the online service to centres like they done at xmas, or are they restricted ro releasing them on Thursday. If they have released them does anyone know if AQA online for centres is up and running yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binternet)
    Have Edexcel released results today via the online service to centres like they done at xmas, or are they restricted ro releasing them on Thursday. If they have released them does anyone know if AQA online for centres is up and running yet?
    Doesn't look like it if you go onto there website - wasn't expecting them to have anyway though.

ReputationRep:
    Someone I know who works at a uni and has access to the nationwide U.C.A.S. computer tried to look up some (ahem!) info for me today but found that the system was down.

This was not the website but a special system available to university staff only.

Guess that they have taken it offline until after results day or all we would need is someone who works at a uni and we could all find out our grades early!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.