The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

School of Architecture

Hello,

Did anyone apply for Postgraduate course at the School of Architecture?
Reply 1
Hey man, I did and still waiting.What about you? When did you apply?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ff2325
Hey man, I did and still waiting.What about you? When did you apply?

Hey, I applied for MSc Architecture and the Sustainable Environment on 6th March and I got an unconditional offer on 16th March. What about you?
Reply 3
Original post by fil_nick
Hey, I applied for MSc Architecture and the Sustainable Environment on 6th March and I got an unconditional offer on 16th March. What about you?

Congratulations, I applied for the Architecture and Urban Design (MAUD) program earlier but one of my references didn't get there until about the 5th and it was sent to the Arch school on the 10th.So hopefully I will hear back from them soon.What other schools did you apply to?
Reply 4
Original post by ff2325
Congratulations, I applied for the Architecture and Urban Design (MAUD) program earlier but one of my references didn't get there until about the 5th and it was sent to the Arch school on the 10th.So hopefully I will hear back from them soon.What other schools did you apply to?

Well, I am sure they will reply soon to your application. I applied for Cardiff, Dundee and De Montfort as well in relevant programmes. Only De Montfort replied (too fast - in 2 days actually). However, I think that I might conclude to Kent, as it is supposed to be a good University regarding Architecture and it is fairly priced as well. Did you apply anywhere else?
Reply 5
Well, I am sure they will reply soon to your application. I applied for Cardiff, Dundee and De Montfort as well in relevant programmes. Only De Montfort replied (too fast - in 2 days actually). However, I think that I might conclude to Kent, as it is supposed to be a good University regarding Architecture and it is fairly priced as well. Did you apply anywhere else?

Yeah I applied to Cardiff as well and Univ of Edinburgh but I applied to Cardiff late and Edinburgh just looked at my app about a week ago so hopefully in the next week or so.But I am leaning towards Kent because of the cost and the scholarship because the other programs are so expensive.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ff2325
Yeah I applied to Cardiff as well and Univ of Edinburgh but I applied to Cardiff late and Edinburgh just looked at my app about a week ago so hopefully in the next week or so.But I am leaning towards Kent because of the cost and the scholarship because the other programs are so expensive.

Cardiff seems to be quite good in Architecture but the programme that I want to join costs 8,5k pounds while Kent's costs just 6,5k. I applied on the 6th to the University of Cardiff and I am still waiting. I applied for the scholarship as well but the results may be announced so late that I will already have decided. I see that you mentioned scholarship in Kent, but I cannot find any. Are you international student or EU? To which scholarship are you referring to?
Reply 7
Cardiff seems to be quite good in Architecture but the programme that I want to join costs 8,5k pounds while Kent's costs just 6,5k. I applied on the 6th to the University of Cardiff and I am still waiting. I applied for the scholarship as well but the results may be announced so late that I will already have decided. I see that you mentioned scholarship in Kent, but I cannot find any. Are you international student or EU? To which scholarship are you referring to?

Yes I am hoping that Cardiff answers before I have to choose... yes I am international so with the scholarship it would be half the price of both Edinburgh and Cardiff and only 1 year.
Reply 8
Original post by ff2325
Yes I am hoping that Cardiff answers before I have to choose... yes I am international so with the scholarship it would be half the price of both Edinburgh and Cardiff and only 1 year.

Cardiff replied to me yesterday with an unconditional offer. And now officially I have a dilemma. An expensive - widely known Cardiff or Kent?
Reply 9
Cardiff replied to me yesterday with an unconditional offer. And now officially I have a dilemma. An expensive - widely known Cardiff or Kent?

Congrats that is really cool.. I would see how financially feasible it is for you to go to Cardiff with possibly less financial aid or to go to Kent, a good school that is quickly climbing the ranks.I will face the same dilemma if I get into Edinburgh.It would be very expensive but everyone knows the school.I don't think it matters professionally I think what you manage to produce after you graduate is more of a determining factor.So go with whatever your gut is telling you to do.
Reply 10
Original post by ff2325
Congrats that is really cool.. I would see how financially feasible it is for you to go to Cardiff with possibly less financial aid or to go to Kent, a good school that is quickly climbing the ranks.I will face the same dilemma if I get into Edinburgh.It would be very expensive but everyone knows the school.I don't think it matters professionally I think what you manage to produce after you graduate is more of a determining factor.So go with whatever your gut is telling you to do.

Decided to firm Kent :smile:
Reply 11

Reply 12
Original post by ff2325

Congratulations! As a matter of fact, I have accepted Kent's offer as well. However, Cardiff is offering me a 3k scholarship! Oh man, they want me to have second thoughts! I strongly believe that I will stay at Canterbury..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending