The Student Room Group

I AM SO ANNOYED, This is riduculous!

Hello, I am a Year 11 student currently studying for my GCSE's. I have just finished my last mocks (P.P.E Exams) and I have been accused of cheating in Maths by my teacher. To anyone who is studying AQA GCSE Maths for June 2017, can you please tell me how it is possible to cheat since you need an account to get access to them. It has pi***ed me off so much because I worked so hard on one paper and apparently I cheated because I got like 30/80 on paper 1 and then 60/80 on another. What do I do now? my whole class thinks I have cheated and they look at me differently now when I DIDN'T cheat! Btw does anyone actually know how to get access to sample practise paper sets so I can revise with them for the exam. Thank you and sorry for my anger!
Original post by Akif2001
Hello, I am a Year 11 student currently studying for my GCSE's. I have just finished my last mocks (P.P.E Exams) and I have been accused of cheating in Maths by my teacher. To anyone who is studying AQA GCSE Maths for June 2017, can you please tell me how it is possible to cheat since you need an account to get access to them. It has pi***ed me off so much because I worked so hard on one paper and apparently I cheated because I got like 30/80 on paper 1 and then 60/80 on another. What do I do now? my whole class thinks I have cheated and they look at me differently now when I DIDN'T cheat! Btw does anyone actually know how to get access to sample practise paper sets so I can revise with them for the exam. Thank you and sorry for my anger!

You're best off asking them why they think you cheated, and maybe asking them to sit down with you and go through the paper with you to show you where in particular flagged the idea up to them. Did you show working out on the papers? If not, that could be part of the reason
I think you should ask your maths friends to throw you random past paper questions. Solve them and stick a finger to the idiots.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have the option to make a complaint to the headteacher or the board of governors. You should get your parents involved as well.

They will then have to back up their claims. Its my understanding exam papers are available quite easily for anyone willing to look.
If I was in your position I would literally shout at your teacher and classmates, 0 ****s given for the jealous *****
I have been accused of cheating in Maths by my teacher.

can you please tell me how it is possible to cheat since you need an account to get access to them.
Btw does anyone actually know how to get access to sample practise paper sets so I can revise with them for the exam.

well..only you know the truth since going from 30 to 60 is a big jump
Original post by CraigBackner

Is that evidence that they cheated? No. So be quiet
Original post by matthewparker34

You only have the OP's version.
Perhaps the teacher has good reason to be sceptical.
Original post by matthewparker34

first of all you're and idiot and secondly why did you rep me?
Are they going to act on their belief?

If not, keep up the work and prove that you aren't cheating by getting consistent grades.

If they are, ask for proof or offer to resit, and prove that you've improved and that there has been no foul play.

Annoyingly, it does come down to your words against theirs. Be confident and if needs be prove to them that you aren't lying.
first of all you're and idiot and secondly why did you rep me?

First of all good spelling you probably get 20/80 in yours, secondly leave
Original post by 999tigger
You have the option to make a complaint to the headteacher or the board of governors. You should get your parents involved as well.

They will then have to back up their claims. Its my understanding exam papers are available quite easily for anyone willing to look.

I am actually considering that but the only problem is that the head of my year is a former maths teacher so he will probably take the other teachers side. BTW is is impossible to retrieve access to the new aqa specimen papers since you need an account to get into them because they are locked pdf files.
(edited 7 years ago)

Oh pleasee, tell me how it is possible to cheat? You will not find the AQA practise set 2 papers anywhere on the Internet without an AQA login. So if I improve from one paper to another I don't get praised? Instead I'm accused of cheating? Wtf is wrong with this world?
Original post by God Almighty
Ask them for evidence. If they don't have any then it proves you didn't cheat.

I asked them but then they say "stop being rude" so I guess I have to just let them assume that I cheated and there's nothing I can do about it . Bringing in my parents and headteachers would just make it to an even bigger problem.
I am actually considering that but the only problem is that the head of my year is a former maths teacher so he will probably take the other teachers side. BTW is is impossible to retrieve access to the new aqa specimen papers since you need an account to get into them because they are locked pdf files.

1. Then get your parents to complain to the headteacher. you either have a complaint or you do not..
2. It will not be impossible to have gotten the data because once someone has accessed it and made a copy then it could be on the internet.

Put your money where your mouth is complain or dont complain.

You do know people have good and bad exams...
dw dude ur not alone. in my school 3 or 4 people cheated in set 4, and it was obvious they cheated cuz they showed blank work, but just the answer for like 5 mark questions. On the other hand, me in top set, doing further maths aswell got 73/80 (note: i beat all 4 of the guys), highest in the school, but got accused of cheating. Showed all my working outs, etc. Best to do is let them accuse u. Most of the guys accusing me were just butthurt that i beat them. Don't worry. Ignore them.

Quick Reply

Latest