paigeeee14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all, was just wondering what halls at portsmouth you would consider the best? i am waiting to apply and cannot decide!
SneezeonmyFace
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I applied for Langstone as my main with Trafalgar as secondary, when I went to the open day I think I saw the shiny new halls (Greetham I think) they had but they cost an absolute fortune so I had no chance. Very nice though.

To be fair it's all personal preference. If you aren't a massive clubbing person and don't like a lot of noise at night, you should go for Langstone, if you can't imagine a life without the sesh then go for Trafalgar or James Watson

I applied for Langstone because it's closer to the gym, but I was one of the first to get the application form and submit it, so I also picked Trafalgar because it's closer to the bars/clubs. I'll let the uni administration decide my health for the year.
ShonaNx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've just put my accommodation choices with Bateson hall as my first and langstone as second, would be greatful if anyone could give me a insight into what Bateson halls are like, as I didn't have a chance to look in them, thanks!!
emmepemme1999
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is my hometown and I can tell you Bateson are good. As long as you're not in Watson you're pretty set because Watson get in trouble every single year. Bateson are good though, near the police station so depends if you want that or not. Greatham is nice they are the newest but really expensive
ShonaNx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Great! I was worried about how I've not seen inside them yet but they do sound like good halls!☺️
henryjgrover
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I selected Bateson as my first choice, as to be perfectly honest I just wanted to live in the Guildhall area as it's in the heart of Portsmouth, and I didn't particularly care about having the most luxurious accomodation.
ShonaNx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I'm the exact same, everything is the same in the guildhall area anyway😁
NoPunInThisName
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bateson are probably the most basic aren't they?

I'm in Burrell which is a 10 minute walk from the City centre but would argue they're on par space and facilities wise as Bateson. In fact I'd argue Bateson is smaller, got a friend there and his flat is tiny.

It all comes down to how much or little you care for the facilities, location and cost.

If I could choose again, I'd live in Margaret Rule or Trafalgar.
paigeeee14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ah, thank you for all of the advice!!
Aaronli
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Am I missing something or am I being stupid? 😂 I have no idea how to apply for accommodation, I don't recall getting an email about it and the only reason I can think of is because I've put it as my insurance choice but surely I can still apply for halls?
kje0395
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I only had my email about accommodation today. They should send you a link with your login and password attached. I'm applying post-grad so it may be different for me?
UoPHousingTeam
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aaronli)
Am I missing something or am I being stupid? 😂 I have no idea how to apply for accommodation, I don't recall getting an email about it and the only reason I can think of is because I've put it as my insurance choice but surely I can still apply for halls?
Hey! Hannah from the housing team at UoP here. As we're your insurance choice, we won't send you any accommodation application bits until we know you are definitely going to be coming to us, so until then, you don't need to worry about accommodation at Portsmouth. We will automatically send you information about accommodation once you hold a firm offer with us.
Livs2016
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in the exact same boat as you! I can not decide at all! x
simrandosanjh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone heard back from accommodation regarding the decision? I applied beginning of may and am still waiting, getting anxious that I won't end up with my first preference as i had my heart set on it for the area and price wise.
UoPHousingTeam
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by simrandosanjh)
Has anyone heard back from accommodation regarding the decision? I applied beginning of may and am still waiting, getting anxious that I won't end up with my first preference as i had my heart set on it for the area and price wise.
I think I might have just replied to you on the other feed D
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (1)
25%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (1)
25%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (1)
25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (1)
25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (0)
0%

Watched Threads