The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Postgraduate loans for English students in Northern Ireland

I am currently studying my undergraduate degree in England and I am a resident in England. I would like to apply for a masters at Queens University Belfast. Can I still access the UK government's postgraduate £10,000 loan to cover my costs?
Original post by jesst1
I am currently studying my undergraduate degree in England and I am a resident in England. I would like to apply for a masters at Queens University Belfast. Can I still access the UK government's postgraduate £10,000 loan to cover my costs?

The NI is part of the UK.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by deviant182
The NI is part of the UK.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for pointing this out to me, that was really helpful.
I was at a postgraduate event last night and from my understanding they said English students should be able to get the loans they get in England, even if they are in studying in NI. An English girl I spoke to was able to get her loans last year to pay for her Masters in Queens University Belfast, even though the loan arrangements were not in place in NI yet

Sorry that is waffly, long day lol! In summary: Yes, you should be able to get the loans you are entitled to in England, even though you are attending an NI university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending