The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kataali
Firstly, I wasn't talking about that and I didn't state anywhere in my comment that you replied to that covering your face is mandatory, and secondly, burkas are religious in a sense as they are used only to fulfill religious expectations of modesty in Islam.

Except modesty is personal, what one person thinks dressing modestly is, another thinks it isn’t.

It’s a cultural item of clothing, an oppressive one at that
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by paul514
Except modesty is personal, what one person thinks dressing modestly is, another thinks it isn’t.

It’s a cultural item of clothing, an oppressive one at that

But that behavior is cultivated due to Islam, and these behaviors of requiring to wear burkas by law and/or societal oppression is enforced in many majority Muslim countries, and this isn't good. They should have a choice. I agree with you on the last part though.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Jibba Habba
I dont think you were! Why not just say what you think, not make a passive aggressive comment and cover up with just kidding!

Don't profess and patronise to know me or my experience. If anyone has issues it is you get those rose tinted glasses off. Or are you the person in the Burkha waiting to get out?
Original post by Jibba Habba
Don't profess and patronise to know me or my experience. If anyone has issues it is you get those rose tinted glasses off. Or are you the person in the Burkha waiting to get out?

You’ve just replied to yourself on a thread that has been inactive for 4 months. Well done!
Original post by Andrew97
You’ve just replied to yourself on a thread that has been inactive for 4 months. Well done!

:biggrin:
Original post by Andrew97

😂😂😂
I've always seen it as a sign of the patriarchy. Beliving they have to wear something because a man told them to. Some say its their choice and whatever. Where did they get the idea from and first ehar about it and attach it to their religion? You've gueesed it, a man.
That's the best way, it is like one's own company! Enjoy your own company, that way you are sure to be in the eclectic esoteric of the learned.
Original post by Hobgoblin Dragon
Is it part of Western Society? If i went to afghanistan or Iran wearing my christian cross with a poppy i would get shot!

LOL no you would not, it is a shame that you think this. There are so many tourists and photographers that, for example in Afghanistan, go there all the time to the villages (especially during war) and they are given shelter, a home, food and respect! It is not what you think it is, just because you have a media brainwashed view on these countries, you can't generalise a whole community or country in one way and under one opinion.
It is like someone from those countries saying: "If I went to the west wearing an Islamic piece of jewellery, I would be put behind bars!"
How ignorant does that sound to you?
Original post by mtawafi
LOL no you would not, it is a shame that you think this. There are so many tourists and photographers that, for example in Afghanistan, go there all the time to the villages (especially during war) and they are given shelter, a home, food and respect! It is not what you think it is, just because you have a media brainwashed view on these countries, you can't generalise a whole community or country in one way and under one opinion.
It is like someone from those countries saying: "If I went to the west wearing an Islamic piece of jewellery, I would be put behind bars!"
How ignorant does that sound to you?

Tell that to Alan henning
Original post by paul514
Tell that to Alan henning

thats one case out of many
Why does this thing keep getting bumped?
People with that pile of **** on their heads look deformed..everyone is so ****ing brainwashed by religion...as if women should be covered because allah told you do do so..oh did he really ??? Or have you realized allah doesn’t exist 😂😂 everyone knows the real reason as to why religion was created in the first place. Religion is a piece of ****ing ****. Imagine how much better the world would be without it...religion has caused violence more than it has caused good. Take that stupid burka off and live your life freely. We’d have some proper fit brown girls if more of you Pakistani birds would take that crap off. You guys would be way better looking than our Punjabi or Hindu girls. Take it off!If women and men are created equal...why do you cover ur face 😂😂😂 so ****ing stupid. I’m a Punjabi atheist because I’ve seen the light . Lets praise salah the football player and not allah the absolute **** 😂😂
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by maths_tripos23
People with that pile of **** on their heads look deformed..everyone is so ****ing brainwashed by religion...as if women should be covered because allah told you do do so..oh did he really ??? Or have you realized allah doesn’t exist 😂😂 everyone knows the real reason as to why religion was created in the first place. Religion is a piece of ****ing ****. Imagine how much better the world would be without it...religion has caused violence more than it has caused good. Take that stupid burka off and live your life freely. We’d have some proper fit brown girls if more of you Pakistani birds would take that crap off. You guys would be way better looking than our Punjabi or Hindu girls. Take it off!If women and men are created equal...why do you cover ur face 😂😂😂 so ****ing stupid. I’m a Punjabi atheist because I’ve seen the light . Lets praise salah the football player and not allah the absolute **** 😂😂

We ultimatelt wear it because you men are too horny and we don't want to look attractive to you...everything you said rn just convinved me even more that what im doing is right
"You guys would be way better looking than our Punjabi or Hindu girls"
What makes you think I want to look good looking to you...
Original post by mtawafi
We ultimatelt wear it because you men are too horny and we don't want to look attractive to you...everything you said rn just convinved me even more that what im doing is right

I mean how you suppose to marry a guy if he can’t see your face.
Original post by mtawafi

He is a troll. Most men can control themselves without a problem and this can clearly be seen in the West where most women have exposed hair and are not getting raped left, right and centre.

It’s also incredibly arrogant to assume that you’re hiding your “beauty” from men. Most women are not beautiful models and this goes for Muslim women too, most of the ones I see are completely average-looking or even ugly. So it’s quite conceited of them to think they’re all these stunning beauties who must hide their faces from men.
Responding to the OP's original question.

... I am not entirely sure. The hijab is something i have absolutely zero problems with. It's ironic too, because whilst the hijab is supposed to hide a person's beauty from others, i actually find it to make the one wearing it appear to be very attractive. However, the burka is a little too much; it covers virtually every aspect of a person's appearance and it can be easily used as a means to conceal almost the entirety of a person's appearance when committing a crime.

So i dunno.
I don't see anything wrong with girls choosing to wear it. The goverment shouldn't have any say in what people choose to wear. Freedom is British value and should be respected at all costs .It's fear created by ignorance and racism to allows certain people in society to treat a certain ethnic minority like **** when they're humans just any other Adam or Mary. And no I'm not a Muslim (I'm chinese and proud) but I view everyones life equally. And also Im NOT hiding behind some false humanitarn agenda to get my social justice warrior asethic up to par.
If some women feel empowered dressing less and some women feel equally empowered dressing more, what is our problem with that?

Latest

Trending

Trending