Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got loads of books to sell, including a-level textbooks and was just wondering where the best place would be to sell them? amazon.co.uk or ebay? do people actually buy second-hand books online?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by achieb)
    I've got loads of books to sell, including a-level textbooks and was just wondering where the best place would be to sell them? amazon.co.uk or ebay? do people actually buy second-hand books online?

Thanks
    I buy second hand books from amazon all the time (not textbooks usually though). They're usually reasonable quality and much cheaper than the new copies.

ReputationRep:
    ebay would probably be better. THe auctions last for 9 days so you're more likely to get money quicker - I think amazon auctions last for 60 days. Plus you have to give lots more money to amazon when you sell the book than you do to ebay.

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Yeh i buy books all the time. Ebay is much better. I think more ppl use that for second hand goods and there are some real hardcore bidders there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    Yeh i buy books all the time. Ebay is much better. I think more ppl use that for second hand goods and there are some real hardcore bidders there
    Somehow I can't imagine people bidding majorly for "GCSE English in one week" but you never know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innercitylife)
    Somehow I can't imagine people bidding majorly for "GCSE English in one week" but you never know
    lmao, yeh dont speak too soon. You dont know how many ppl really want those little gems...they are a goldmine i tell you!

ReputationRep:
    That book is also known as 'How To Get An E in English GCSE'.

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    I've just bought some of my textbooks for uni on e-bay.

Got 2 textbooks for £11.00 - whereas they're about £21 each in the shops.

as a poor student I'm dead chuffed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    That book is also known as 'How To Get An E in English GCSE'.
    Or an E in as biology Probably a U come thursday

ReputationRep:
    lmao, yeh dont speak too soon. You dont know how many ppl really want those little gems...they are a goldmine i tell you!
    I think hornblower was closer to the mark

ReputationRep:
    Or an E in as biology Probably a U come thursday
    Well if you use a GCSE English book to revise you probably will get an E in Biology Good luck though, I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine.

ReputationRep:
    I think hornblower was closer to the mark
    Well, it may be hundreds of peoples burning ambition to achieve an E in gcse english. In fact looking at many 16 year olds I should think they will need as much help as possible getting just that

ReputationRep:
    Well if you use a GCSE English book to revise you probably will get an E in Biology Good luck though, I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine.
    Lmao, that was slick, deserves a round of applause And thanks but I can assure you I will absolutely not be fine

ReputationRep:
    Well, it may be hundreds of peoples burning ambition to achieve an E in gcse english. In fact looking at many 16 year olds I should think they will need as much help as possible getting just that
    That is very true, maybe I can denote the book to the other 50% of students at my old school. :P I have a whole collection of the damn books, my mom gets a bit shop-happy when it comes to buying me revision books

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, that was slick, deserves a round of applause And thanks but I can assure you I will absolutely not be fine
    Hehe Don't worry thooough.. everyone apart from the very very very certain thinks that! What exams are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe Don't worry thooough.. everyone apart from the very very very certain thinks that! What exams are you taking?
    Ive just sat AS biology, classics and sociology. Ive predicted myself E, D and B respectively.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.