The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

MPhil in Public Policy at Cambridge

Hi, all:

I have been offered a place on the MPhil in Public Policy at the University of Cambridge for the 2017-18 academic year. I am nearing a decision, but I am keen to get an honest, firsthand account from current students or alumni. Unfortunately I was not offered a place on the Oxford MPP, which was my preferred option. However, that said, the Cambridge MPP offers unique upsides, including a small class size (25), a strong STEM focus, and cross-department collaboration. The programme is also about £10,000 cheaper versus its counterpart at Oxford, which is a plus if I am unsuccessful in securing a Chevening scholarship (I find out in early June).

I am very much looking forward to hearing from those that have completed the Cambridge MPP or currently enrolled in the programme.

Many thanks!

Mathieu
A few suggestions in case you don't find people on here:
See if the uni can put you in touch with current or former students. See where grads have ended up and visit if you can :smile:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
A few suggestions in case you don't find people on here:
See if the uni can put you in touch with current or former students. See where grads have ended up and visit if you can :smile:

Thanks - good idea! I have also tracked down a few alumni via LinkedIn.
Hye, do you mind letting me know your academic profile/ work expeorence that made it more likleyl for you to get a place at cambridge ?
Reply 4
Original post by MathLab
Hi, all:

I have been offered a place on the MPhil in Public Policy at the University of Cambridge for the 2017-18 academic year. I am nearing a decision, but I am keen to get an honest, firsthand account from current students or alumni. Unfortunately I was not offered a place on the Oxford MPP, which was my preferred option. However, that said, the Cambridge MPP offers unique upsides, including a small class size (25), a strong STEM focus, and cross-department collaboration. The programme is also about £10,000 cheaper versus its counterpart at Oxford, which is a plus if I am unsuccessful in securing a Chevening scholarship (I find out in early June).

I am very much looking forward to hearing from those that have completed the Cambridge MPP or currently enrolled in the programme.

Many thanks!

Mathieu

Hi,

I am currently in my final year at Exeter and have applied for the MPhil in Public Policy to Cambridge. I was curious to know whether you had any work experience prior to making your application to Cambridge. Though my academic record is strong, I don't have any work experience other than two very prestigious government internships I did during last summer and the summer before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending