he's **** now.
Original post by Hazard28
he's **** now.

Literally just got voted their player of the season
he's **** now.

Lol
****ing hell if city land dani alves next...

Ederson
Alves Kompany Otamendi (new lb)
Fernandinho B.Silva
G.Jesus KDB Sane
Aguero

pure firepower. pep trying too hard to create barca mk II....

Bernardo Silva is not a defensive midfielder.
Original post by Dirtybit

Swear TK said that and that fella knows his football...
Original post by Rk2k14
Swear TK said that and that fella knows his football...

Carrick replacement init
Tbh while the formation suggest roles its not that much of a different line up to the ones Pep played for parts of last season after Gundogan got injured where it was basically a defence, with Yaya in front, then just attackers. A 4-1-4-1, that is how they played Spurs, Monaco, and Liverpool for example so it wasn't just against smaller sides. A small caveat being they didn't win any of those games, but still.

I doubt he will use it though, it seemed to be more about Pep trying to overwhelm teams to hide the fact City didn't have the midfield they needed.
Original post by Fizzel
Tbh while the formation suggest roles its not that much of a different line up to the ones Pep played for parts of last season after Gundogan got injured where it was basically a defence, with Yaya in front, then just attackers. A 4-1-4-1, that is how they played Spurs, Monaco, and Liverpool for example so it wasn't just against smaller sides. A small caveat being they didn't win any of those games, but still.

I doubt he will use it though, it seemed to be more about Pep trying to overwhelm teams to hide the fact City didn't have the midfield they needed.

Yeah that's true but if he actually buys B.Silva with plans to play him there then Pep really does think this is Fifa.

Not really sure about Pep's formation plans for next season but he's certainly trying to pump in extra quality in the final third to overwhelm his opponents with wave after wave of attack. I'm still yet to see him fix his defensive issues. Those tactics work against lesser teams but against the top 6 it's going to be a different story. I'm intrigued to see the vision he has though because he's looking real fraudulent atm.
(edited 6 years ago)
i really want jones to leave this season
I do know my football.

Just trolling is a lot more funnier.

It would be a 4-1-4-1 anyway, with Fernandinho as the one.
Original post by That Bearded Man
It would be a 4-1-4-1 anyway, with Fernandinho as the one.

Yeah it would, just that he wrote it as 4-2-3-1
Original post by difeo
Messi in the 2016 Copa America: 5 goals, 4 assists, 3 MOTM, despite making just 3 starts and 2 sub appearances. He had a better tournament than Ronaldo.

Him being the main reason they've never won anything is just nonsense lol, he's consistently their best player in tournaments and is let down by the others. There's approximately 0% chance you've watched any Copa America games.

Ok so you put in a video where Higuain missed a big chance in your opinion yh? Let me just slide in an opportunity for Messi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjbDw2BNFho

Tbh all I can say at this point is who do you think will win the ballon d'or this time round? I'm pretty sure you know who I have my thoughts on! Probably best speaking about this again when ballon d'or time comes round.

Original post by difeo
The point is that even if Messi did slow down, which he's shown no signs of doing, he'd still overtake Ronaldo because of his better record so far.

The last time Messi scored more international goals than Ronaldo was 2 seasons ago and even then he played more games so Ronaldo still has a better goals to minute ratio in that season :biggrin:

Original post by difeo
Dybala has literally never played in an international tournament, Higuain is famous for being a big game bottler, Tevez has one tournament goal in the last decade. Better on paper but that's irrelevant when they bottle finals while Eder pulls out a screamer.

[video="youtube;48cSw7tB8OE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48cSw7tB8OE[/video]

2015: Messi creates an open goal for Higuain who misses, at 0-0 in the last minute of the final. A year later, with Ronaldo not even on the pitch, Eder scores from 30 yards. Somehow, these two events are what prove that Ronaldo is the better player. It's genuinely ridiculous logic.

Sounds like you have a theory for how all the big stars in Argentina are not good enough!

All i can possibly say to that is if you now think Lavezzi is Messi I'm done. Lavezzi played through to Higuain. Also to be critical, everyone has their own opinions but I personally thought that pass was slightly too heavy for Higuain to get on the end off. Yeah you expect him to score but it wasn't an easy chance mate,

Original post by IamJacksContempt
Don't think gap year has ever watch an Argentina match tbh. Imagine thinking Argentina should have won a tournament because they have Higuain in the team :rofl:

Original post by bammy jastard 27
He probably didn't watch the CL final either.

Original post by trapking
You do realise most of the time I'm just trolling however occasionally I will put out some decent footballing facts but some people on here (cough cough they know who they are) think I'm crazy and when it turns out that I was right I never get an apology.

E.g. like the time I called out Smalling calling him garbage in LVGs era and people wanted to cut my head off/called me retarded. A season and a half later they are the same people now saying he is crap (you know who you are if you're reading this) :tongue:

^:tongue:
Original post by trapking
The problem with this thread is once someone comes in with their valid opinions or actually tries to debate a certain area they get called/labelled "stupid" or "unintelligent" by a certain group of individuals who arse lick each other on a constant basis (Qasim I'm looking right at you boi).

The only people who will actually engage in a decent discussion without insulting your point of view are people like @Fizzel @bammy jastard 27 @difeo

The rest are just sheep who just comment "lol man just said X player is this" or "yeah he's been smoking" or (insert gif to insinuate stupidity). This is why I troll the majority of the time and then occasionally ill get serious and try to have a decent debate.

You forgot the likes of "stfu" and "liquidate" which you have been known to use as well ok mate...
Original post by gapyearlads
Ok so you put in a video where Higuain missed a big chance in your opinion yh? Let me just slide in an opportunity for Messi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjbDw2BNFho

The last time Messi scored more international goals than Ronaldo was 2 seasons ago and even then he played more games so Ronaldo still has a better goals to minute ratio in that season :biggrin:

It's a lot easier to score in Europe than South America. Eg. last year, Messi got 8 while Ronaldo got 13, but 8 of them were against Latvia and Andorra, 122nd and 186th in the world rankings. Respectively 49 and 113 places lower than anyone Messi scored against, and even that was only one of his goals.

Sounds like you have a theory for how all the big stars in Argentina are not good enough!

Just listed some facts that show it's nonsense to list those players as proof Argentina should've won a tournament.

All i can possibly say to that is if you now think Lavezzi is Messi I'm done. Lavezzi played through to Higuain. Also to be critical, everyone has their own opinions but I personally thought that pass was slightly too heavy for Higuain to get on the end off. Yeah you expect him to score but it wasn't an easy chance mate,

**** pal you got me there, I don't know what Messi looks like and also managed to miss the commentator saying his name several times!! Lavezzi played the final ball, Messi created the opportunity.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3175
Original post by sr90
Just me who has absolutely no interest in Messi vs Ronaldo?

They're both excellent players who I will be telling my grandkids about one day.

I don't care for it at all either but it does amuse me to see fanboys crying themselves to sleep when someone prefers Ronaldo
Fabinho wants the move.

Scenes when we sign Matic instead after Chelsea buy Bakayoko.
Original post by Rk2k14
Fabinho wants the move.

Scenes when we sign Matic instead after Chelsea buy Bakayoko.

Why would you want Fabinho over Matic? Matic is a proven DM in this league with more experience and the perfect replacement for Carrick.
Original post by jam276
I don't care for it at all either but it does amuse me to see fanboys like @IamJacksContempt and @Malevolent crying themselves to sleep when someone prefers Ronaldo, whilst ******* off into a sock watching a Messi comp on YT.

Who's dupe are you lol haven't even waded into the debate :lol:
Please not Matic...

ffs

Latest