The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TFM outpaced Bale, I told ya'll he's fast af.
Original post by qasidb
10/10 psychic abilities.

There are no such things as psychics...
Original post by timster32
There are no such things as psychics...

I knew you would say that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That Bearded Man
I knew you would say that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good guess. I also guess that you guys are come 4th this year and Arsenal to be in 3rd.
If Mourinho had put more of an arm around Martial than giving him the stick, then I wonder how he might have performed on a regular basis rather than the inconsistency he delivered. Yesterday's game showed his ability and if Perisic signs then I don't see how he's going to get more minutes so in a way, I kinda hope Inter refuse to budge and Perisic doesn't join. Hopefully, it'll give Martial that opportunity to go and show Mourinho what he can do consistently.

From what I read, Pereira/Lingard/TFM had good games and Herrera's injury was the only downside. I think he should be fit for the league opener than the ESC.

Pre-season is what it is so nothing to really make more out of Lindelof's performances than what they need to be.
Original post by Aky786UK
If Mourinho had put more of an arm around Martial than giving him the stick, then I wonder how he might have performed on a regular basis rather than the inconsistency he delivered. Yesterday's game showed his ability and if Perisic signs then I don't see how he's going to get more minutes so in a way, I kinda hope Inter refuse to budge and Perisic doesn't join. Hopefully, it'll give Martial that opportunity to go and show Mourinho what he can do consistently.

From what I read, Pereira/Lingard/TFM had good games and Herrera's injury was the only downside. I think he should be fit for the league opener than the ESC.

Pre-season is what it is so nothing to really make more out of Lindelof's performances than what they need to be.

If Perisic joins it doesn't necessarily mean Martial won't get game time. Perisic will basically be a wingback.

We will change the system into a 3 5 2 like we did against City...
Original post by Aky786UK

He would have struggled with Zlatan anyway, he'd have had to track back a lot and generally players dip after season two anyway. With Lukaku prepared to shift wide Martial should get chances to run through the centre

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;tg7v_FVm5dA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg7v_FVm5dA[/video]

If he at least caught the ball properly and fired slightly wide i would have been like fair play but to miss this badly....

Just lol
Reply 3748
Original post by trapking
[video="youtube;tg7v_FVm5dA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg7v_FVm5dA[/video]

If he at least caught the ball properly and fired slightly wide i would have been like fair play but to miss this badly....

Just lol

Imagine paying a transfer fee for him...
Original post by SGHD26716
Imagine paying a transfer fee for him...

read the youtube comments on that video...dying :lol:

"that fat guy in the stands got some seriously hard nips"

:rofl:
Reply 3750
read the youtube comments on that video...dying :lol:

"that fat guy in the stands got some seriously hard nips"

:rofl:

It is America.
Reply 3751
Eric Bailly will now not play the UEFA Super Cup Final after his ban was extended. Also miss first Champions League game.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Just lol

Tell me you guys saw the fan with the Barcelona top on 😂
Those Madrid youngsters were seriously impressive!
Chicharito to West Ham confirmed then, I actually hope he does well for them, was dissapointed when we sold him as I think he's a decent striker when he gets a chance.
Wish we could just pay PSG £65mill-£70mill and just bring Veratti to OT ffs :redface:

A midfield 3 of Veratti, Herrera, Pogba would go up SO many levels :coma:

We are dying for quality in midfield had enough of seeing average b.s. like Carrick and Fellaini ffs, if we don't win the league it will be guaranteed it's because of our **** midfield.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3756
Wish we could just pay PSG £65mill-£70mill and just bring Veratti to OT ffs :redface:

A midfield 3 of Veratti, Herrera, Pogba would go up SO many levels :coma:

We are dying for quality in midfield had enough of seeing average b.s. like Carrick and Fellaini ffs, if we don't win the league it will be guaranteed it's because of our **** midfield.

It ain't that bad. Fellaini can do a job in the big Champions League games. :borat:

Cost almost the same as Hazard 😂
(edited 6 years ago)
It ain't that bad. Fellaini can do a job in the big Champions League games. :borat:

Cost almost the same as Hazard 😂

In attack I'm not that concerned at all I have a feeling Zlatan will come back when he's fully fit and we will have Lukaku, Rashford and Zlatan. Plus Martial, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Pogba will be in much better form than last season they all look sharp so far I'm confident.

Defence is okay although we kinda ****ed up not getting Semedo in addition to Lindelof should have brought him in to replace an aging Valencia. Aurier is available he would be a really good signing but we probably won't do it.

Midfield is where we got all kinds of problems. Imagine having a 36 year old in midfield it's AIDS. Carrick is shite way past his expiry date.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3758
In attack I'm not that concerned at all I have a feeling Zlatan will come back when he's fully fit and we will have Lukaku, Rashford and Zlatan. Plus Martial, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Pogba will be in much better form than last season they all look sharp so far I'm confident.

Defence is okay although we kinda****ed up not getting Semedo in addition to Lindelof should have brought him in to replace am aging Valencia. Aurier is available he would be a really good signing but we probably won't do it.

Midfield is where we got all kinds of problems. Imagine having a 36 year old in midfield it's AIDS. Carrick is shite way past his expiry date.

I'm not convinced by Lindelof at the moment. Bailly is your only decent CB and if you play 3 at the back you obviously need 3 of them.

Ignoring the wing backs and assuming it's 3-5-2, the midfield 3 of Pogba, Herrera and Pereira? Maybe Blind?

I can't believe Mourinho would be happy at all with your transfer business so far. Lukaku is decent but Lindelof I don't know man.

Midfield like you said is sh*t.

Perhaps a 3-4-3 with Pogba and Herrera in the middle with Lukaku, Mkhi, Martial upfront.

There's such a wealth of attacking talent but hardly anyone to do the dirty work.

Manchester United need...

Spoiler

I'm not convinced by Lindelof at the moment. Bailly is your only decent CB and if you play 3 at the back you obviously need 3 of them.

Ignoring the wing backs and assuming it's 3-5-2, the midfield 3 of Pogba, Herrera and Pereira? Maybe Blind?

I can't believe Mourinho would be happy at all with your transfer business so far. Lukaku is decent but Lindelof I don't know man.

Midfield like you said is sh*t.

Perhaps a 3-4-3 with Pogba and Herrera in the middle with Lukaku, Mkhi, Martial upfront.

There's such a wealth of attacking talent but hardly anyone to do the dirty work.

Manchester United need...

Spoiler

Can't see Mourinho playing Blind in midfield tbh

I really loved the 3 5 2 where he put Herrera Pogba and Mkhitaryan. Mkhitaryan did maximum damage running with the ball in that #10 position having the space to create and options to choose from...thats when he is most dangerous.

Yeah he's definitely not happy with the transfer window. Who knew the hotline bling merchant (Griezmann) would curse us for the rest of the summer.

Hoping we get two more. As for Lindelof I'm really not worried he's a CB that is very good with the ball he likes to run and take on players when he has the chance to. He's just nervous and getting up to speed I wouldn't be worried at all, watched enough of him at international level to know he will be aight.

Latest