Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just wondering what people think.
Somepersonhere
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dumb question for people who think the answer is yes?
ILikePasta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
are Scotts the same as the English? German same as the French? Japanese same as Chinese? No.

Pull your head out your ass and realise that whether it seems like it or not, every nation has a unique culture, no matter how small the differences.
username1942323
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No

Posted from TSR Mobile
Badges: 12
Report 1 year ago
Lol they have different ethnic groups
Why is this even a question?
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
"Meh they both look brown to me"

That's the answer OP wanted. I hope that you're pleased!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by years101)
Lol they have different ethnic groups
Why is this even a question?
yes but would you still say that they are different ethnic groups if pakistan had not gained independence in 1945 and had remained a part of india?
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pakistanis are from Pakistan.
Indians are from India.

So no.
retro_turtles
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
serah.exe triggered
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JohnGreek)
"Meh they both look brown to me"

That's the answer OP wanted. I hope that you're pleased!
I'm Pakistani myself, I was wondering whether people thought that we are two completely different racial groups or if we are the same since Pakistan and India used to be the same country. Didn't think this would spark controversy.
Badges: 12
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yes but would you still say that they are different ethnic groups if pakistan had not gained independence in 1945 and had remained a part of india?
There would be no "pakistan" you dummy
The ethnic groups of Pakistan are different to that of India.
Theres a whole province of Pashtuns and balochis in Pakistan whereas India is dominated by punjabis/gujratis MAINLY
Ofcourse both have SOME same/similar ethnic groups but thats just some

The cultures are different. Pakistan is influenced heavily by Islam and its a muslim country, whereas India is clearly not. You can even tell by the clothes Pakistanis wear or are designed in pakistan which are a lot more modest in comparison to the saris/revealing/tight fit clothing worn in india/bangledesh

Also ask yourself is a pashtun or balochi from Pakistan the same as a gujrati in India? No lol completely different
nutz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm Pakistani myself, I was wondering whether people thought that we are two completely different racial groups or if we are the same since Pakistan and India used to be the same country. Didn't think this would spark controversy.
Do you think the people living in the Baltic States are the same as those living in Russia as they were all part of one country.
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bruh. You don't do that. Pakistani's and Indian's hate each others ass. No tie in a cricket match will solve that
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
pakistanis are usually lighter skinned and the women are more conservative than their north indian brethren [punjabi/guji girls]
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no two people are truly the same
HAnwar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah they're totally the same thing. It's not like they're two different countries or something.
Tunak
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Theres a whole province of Pashtuns and balochis in Pakistan whereas India is dominated by punjabis/gujratis MAINLY
:rofl:

Punjabis and Gujratis together make up less than 10% of India's population

Eternalflames
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There would be no "pakistan" you dummy
The ethnic groups of Pakistan are different to that of India.
Ofcourse both have SOME same/similar ethnic groups but thats just some

The cultures are different. Pakistan is influenced heavily by Islam and its a muslim country, whereas India is clearly not. You can even tell by the clothes Pakistanis wear or are designed in pakistan which are a lot more modest in comparison to the saris/revealing/tight fit clothing worn in india/bangledesh

Also ask yourself is a pashtun or balochi from Pakistan the same as a gujrati in India? No lol completely different
Indian population: 1.3 Billion
http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/india-population/

Gujarat's population: Roughly 66 Million
http://www.indiaonlinepages.com/popu...opulation.html

Punjab's population: Roughly 30 Million
http://www.indiaonlinepages.com/popu...opulation.html
96 Million/1.3 Billion = 7.38%
Clearly not the majority :rolleyes:
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Just wondering what people think.
Yes and no. Yes, because both Pakistanis and Indians are South Asian. No, in the fact that they are both from different countries with different values.
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The border between Pakistan and India is artificial, so people living on either side are very similar. However India is like a continent with hundreds of different peoples; those living in the south and east have little in common with Pakistanis.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (11)
5.7%
No (182)
94.3%

Watched Threads