fedfan18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am currently doing chem bio physics and maths AS. but am wondering which would be best to drop? I want to do aeronautical engineering while my mum wants me to do medicene. Now before anyone says do what i wanna do, not mum, i wanna give something back to my mum for her struggles, plus i wouldnt miind being a surgeon/doctor.
Imperial want bio chem for medicene and phys math for engineering. same for UCL. Queen marys only wants chem for medicene though. My top uni choice is imperial. Which route would you guys advise? i need to drop one
wiwp
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't do medicine if you want to do aeronautical engineering. Not only are you more likely to enjoy the engineering course if that's what you want to study, but medicine is an insanely competitive course and even 3A*s at A level doesn't guarantee you a place.

Drop Biology if you are going to pursue engineering. Which I hope you do.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Come on, your mum is not going to be disappointed in you if you get into Imperial for Engineering. Work on convincing her of the excellent career prospects etc, alongside the **** the NHS is in and the proposed 4, 5 or more years conscription for doctors.

Drop biology.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
18.21%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (82)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (108)
37.11%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (38)
13.06%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.44%

Watched Threads