The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open university - advice from current students

I am hopefully going to be travelling Australia for 6 weeks in December/January and be there for Australia day which is 26th January. However, my Psychology course starts 27th January and the earliest I could be home is about 30th January. Do you HAVE to start on that exact date and actually do work? Or would i be okay to officially start when i am home?
No, you'd be fine. The modules are divided into suggested weeks, and you basically go at your own pace - you need to hand in assignments on the specified dates, but the day-to-day work you can suit yourself. You also usually have access to the module website a bit beforehand anyway, if you want to get ahead; plus, it's all online so you can just start wherever you are.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Persipan
No, you'd be fine. The modules are divided into suggested weeks, and you basically go at your own pace - you need to hand in assignments on the specified dates, but the day-to-day work you can suit yourself. You also usually have access to the module website a bit beforehand anyway, if you want to get ahead; plus, it's all online so you can just start wherever you are.

Thank you so much for replying :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by meganaliciax
I am hopefully going to be travelling Australia for 6 weeks in December/January and be there for Australia day which is 26th January. However, my Psychology course starts 27th January and the earliest I could be home is about 30th January. Do you HAVE to start on that exact date and actually do work? Or would i be okay to officially start when i am home?

Try to have access to your emails. Your tutor might send a welcome email, and it would be nice for you to reply. But you'll be fine if you start a few days late.

Quick Reply

Latest