haniahudson1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hiya,

So can anyone recommend the best halls of residence at the university of sussex in terms of value for money and the overall social experience? I want to be with people who are like me and not be stuck in a quiet halls

any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks
username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd say avoid the ensuite accommodation, i've heard they are filled with internationals who are not that social, plus they are expensive unless you are a first generation scholar
heivetia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
nah, this year the ensuite accommodation (Northfield) is considered the most sociable. it really depends on the group of people you end up with. in this article http://thetab.com/uk/sussex/2017/03/...paign=tabpages northfield is ranked the top accommodation. also, i can confirm it's lit because i live there now and i don't know anyone who doesn't love it. i also described every accommodation in this thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4567734 so i hope that helps too!
heivetia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bubblegumcat)
I'd say avoid the ensuite accommodation, i've heard they are filled with internationals who are not that social, plus they are expensive unless you are a first generation scholar
just to address the international issue, there's 1 person in my block who's international and they're still very sociable. also, the block opposite me don't have very many internationals either. i'd say the hub of internationals would be in swanborough, brighthelm or even park village/east slope.
username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pannyfrost)
just to address the international issue, there's 1 person in my block who's international and they're still very sociable. also, the block opposite me don't have very many internationals either. i'd say the hub of internationals would be in swanborough, brighthelm or even park village/east slope.
stanmer court as well i think, however i don't know a lot about the other accommodations so i could be wrong
ll232
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have lived on campus for 2 years. In my experience:

East Slope most social, cheapest, most 'fun', but also the worst living conditions, if you are not fussy about that its probably the best experience.
Northfield is probably the second most social, but also ensuite and very expensive. Worth it if you can afford it though
Avoid stammer court in my opinion, its virtually off campus and is not very social at all.
Swanborough is good, but is more expensive and I would consider Northfield nicer and more social
Park village cheap, not very social at all if you have to go for one of the cheaper ones I would opt for East slope
Brighthelm is very nice, middle price range (not ensuite), but also extremely hard to get into, they have their own washing machines and is more like sharing a house. Very nice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads