The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Foundation

I want to do one year at Durham Uni for Foundation Degree (Computer Science) and after I would like to apply to other university.
Do all universities (especially Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial), accept Foundation Degree from other uni?

Thank You :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by David98minion
I want to do one year at Durham Uni for Foundation Degree (Computer Science) and after I would like to apply to other university.
Do all universities (especially Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial), accept Foundation Degree from other uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not usually. The Durham foundation year (it's not a degree) is designed to lead you into the "standard" courses at Durham.

You would need to ask the specific universities you are interested in, but expect a no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by David98minion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham foundation is a pretty good deal though, nowhere else in the UK can you basically enter with sub-standard qualifications but basically be guaranteed a space at a top world class university,
Reply 3
Original post by durhamdunce
Durham foundation is a pretty good deal though, nowhere else in the UK can you basically enter with sub-standard qualifications but basically be guaranteed a space at a top world class university,

There's the Lady Margaret Foundation Year at Oxford.

https://lmhfoundationyear.com/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
There's the Lady Margaret Foundation Year at Oxford.

https://lmhfoundationyear.com/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds interesting, but very exclusionary. It mentions that you cannot have attended a non-state school for even one year of your academic career, and only takes in really poor kids and no international students. For normal students, my point still stands.

Quick Reply

Latest