Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Study in UK

ReputationRep:
    Hello to everybody,

I am from Slovakia and I would like to study in UK. Now I am at secondary grammar school, and I made baccalaureate. But maybe it is too late for undergraduate study, because my englesh is not at very good level. My english level is only at B2. Probably for study there I need C1, I don t know. My question is, what kind of test or certificate I need? Can I go study there from university in my country? What about fees there? In my country we don t need pay for study. Can I get student loan or something else? In my target, there are universities like Bristol or maybe Imperial. Probably not first class, like Cambridge or Oxford. To get at Imperial is so extremly hard? Thanks for your reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozko)
    Hello to everybody,

I am from Slovakia and I would like to study in UK. Now I am at secondary grammar school, and I made baccalaureate. But maybe it is too late for undergraduate study, because my englesh is not at very good level. My english level is only at B2. Probably for study there I need C1, I don t know. My question is, what kind of test or certificate I need? Can I go study there from university in my country? What about fees there? In my country we don t need pay for study. Can I get student loan or something else? In my target, there are universities like Bristol or maybe Imperial. Probably not first class, like Cambridge or Oxford. To get at Imperial is so extremly hard? Thanks for your reply
    Bristol/Imperial is 2nd class?

ReputationRep:
    I don t want to cause any misunderstand. To be honest, I don t know much about universities there, everything I know is from other classmates in my school. (and cwur). I am here to get some reliable information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozko)
    I don t want to cause any misunderstand. To be honest, I don t know much about universities there, everything I know is from other classmates in my school. (and cwur). I am here to get some reliable information.
    Look into russels group universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Look into russels group universities.
    Thanks, now it is clear about ranking there. Can you please answer to other questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozko)
    Thanks, now it is clear about ranking there. Can you please answer to other questions?
    We're currently in the EU, so you will get the home fee status, but don't expect this after undergraduate becuse by then we will be out of EU, you can't get loans as you haven't lived here for 3 years, your parents will have to pay for it/scholarships to help out.

ReputationRep:
    We're currently in the EU, so you will get the home fee status, but don't expect this after undergraduate becuse by then we will be out of EU, you can't get loans as you haven't lived here for 3 years, your parents will have to pay for it/scholarships to help out.
    Yes, this is logical, but on the other hand my parents don t have so much money. But anyway, if there will be any opportunity I will try to get there. And what about marks? Can I get there only with A marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozko)
    Yes, this is logical, but on the other hand my parents don t have so much money. But anyway, if there will be any opportunity I will try to get there. And what about marks? Can I get there only with A marks?
    Not that I know of, you have to check university websites.

ReputationRep:
    Not that I know of, you have to check university websites.
    many thanks, btw are you study one of these universities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozko)
    many thanks, btw are you study one of these universities?
    i'm applying at university after september 2017, I'll most likely go to University of Kent, which isn't a russels but people seem to be obessed with russels group universities so.

ReputationRep:
    i'm applying at university after september 2017, I'll most likely go to University of Kent, which isn't a russels but people seem to be obessed with russels group universities so.
    Yep, that is probably true. Good luck at entrance exams.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.