Do I need A-LEVELS in ICT to be an IT Technician

Watch
Sgt. Peppers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am not wanting to go to the sixth form attached to the school as I am wanting a change and make new friends (and lets face it, get a girlfriend) but the sixth form that I was wanting to go to doesn't offer an ICT course. What should I go?
Legate
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does it offer computer science? You could take maths too.
Sgt. Peppers
Rep:
?
(Original post by Legate)
Does it offer computer science? You could take maths too.
It does offer computer science but it is considered a challenge which requires a few more A's than I have as I have mostly B's. But if I get more A's what would you recommend?
username2944572
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do maths, IT and a humanity or a science you enjoy
Legate
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sgt. Peppers)
It does offer computer science but it is considered a challenge which requires a few more A's than I have as I have mostly B's. But if I get more A's what would you recommend?
ICT is easy and can be self taught at home at any time. I've learned more about computers and programming at home more than I have at school. But then again, you'll need qualifications.

You should either take maths or compsci then, or both. I'm pretty sure you can become a technician with compsci/maths, but i'm probably the person you shouldn't ask.
Sgt. Peppers
Rep:
?
Should I stay or should I go?
Sgt. Peppers
Rep:
?
I think I will keep my options open at the moment.
Sgt. Peppers
Rep:
?
I'll probably stay...
Fadel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A-levels in ICT are completely different from the duties of an IT technician. I don't think technicians learn about input/output devices for the 10th time and work in MS word/excel/access. Take Computer Science, it has most of the ICT syllabus in it but has more detailed and useful theoretical component with an actually useful practical one too.
Sgt. Peppers
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fadel)
A-levels in ICT are completely different from the duties of an IT technician. I don't think technicians learn about input/output devices for the 10th time and work in MS word/excel/access. Take Computer Science, it has most of the ICT syllabus in it but has more detailed and useful theoretical component with an actually useful practical one too.
Thanks! The other sixth form does offer computer science.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (88)
64.23%
I don't have everything I need (49)
35.77%

Watched Threads